Topic: New Team in Bloomington, IN looking for local help

It's still early days but I'm rustling something up down in Bloomington, Indiana and trying to see who's out there. I understand there are at least a couple teams in NW Indiana - maybe even Indianapolis - based on secondhand forum replies but I don't know who they are. We'd be trying to race in Gingerman and Autobahn, I think.

I'm not really looking for a specific kind of help yet - just wanted to see if there were any Lemons vets in the area that I or other team members could talk to. Obviously joining an existing team is easier/preferable, but there just doesn't seem to be much out this way.

But hey, not knowing what you're doing and doing it anyway is pretty much Lemons in a nutshell.

Re: New Team in Bloomington, IN looking for local help

Search out "El_Macho" on the forum here.  He lives down your way in southern Indiana.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Team Bad Decisions is based in NWI and far south Chicago 'burbs but we have member in Indy.  We are not unacustomed to newbies as arrive and drive or crew and always welcome folks to our build days.  We have built and run a variety of cars to be, um, modest and are running NCM (possibly closer to you) in September and Joliet in July.

David Jankowski lives in Bloomington IIRC and he previously ran a very successful Toyota Celica ~10 years ago in Lemons. Send him an email at: davidejankowski (at) gmail.com and tell him Andrew Bayley referred you.

The Pentastar whisperer

No matter what...make the trek to either Joliet of NCM this year if you can.  Spectate...crew...whatever.  If you want to crew either location let me know.  we are taking the flathead Camero to Joliet and our "fast" car, 1947 Plymouth that is totally stock (really, we promise), to NCM.

Take OnkelUdo up on his offer. We were paddock flies for their Pitt race and Michael was so helpful and informative. We just finished our first race at Gingerman and having been to one race with no pressure was a huge help.

Not a veteran or really good at anything, but we did run our first race last weekend at Gingerman.  We are just West of Indianapolis.

Only one piece of advice for you:   DO IT. 
However much fun you think it will be....you're way off, it will be more

:-)

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane)
2021 Gingerman-II:  20 seconds of footage on the wrap-up!
95 Chevy S-10

We're in Indy/NE burbs as HQ but a member is down in Columbus as well. Make it to the NCM race if you can, and you're welcome to crew for us to learn the ropes.

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: IL Fall '15, MI Spring '16, IL Summer '16, MI Spring '17, KY '17, MI Summer '21, KY '21, MI Summer '21, MI Fall '22