Topic: Mechanic for Thompson?

Howdy, over the last year I've been interested in Lemons and watching wrap-ups, and want to get involved. I live In Connecticut and totally forgot there was a race coming up until yesterday. Would It be a bad idea to try and find a team to wrench for now now or just show up and watch?

I'm in the New London area and I have experience with Classic cars, especially Fords, Beetles, and 90s Honda.

2 (edited by TheEngineer 2021-07-28 11:24 AM)

Re: Mechanic for Thompson?

The database is closed, so no more team changes can be made for that race. But show up and spectate anyway, you'll still have a great time.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

3 (edited by chaase 2021-07-28 11:34 AM)

TheEngineer wrote:

The database is closed, so no more team changes can be made for that race. But show up and spectate anyway, you'll still have a great time.

/agree

The database is closed so you can't be crew, though the powers that be may allow a last minute change if its just crew. I am positive one of the teams will let you hang out with them, observe and/or help out. I'd normally say you could hang with Elmo's Revenge/Oscar's Junk heap but we are not fielding cars this race.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

TheEngineer wrote:

ah forgot about that duh

well....
so it is too late to pay $75 to be officially part of a team of low life like us, and get a patch and a sticker
But you could pay $30 at the track to be a "Spectator"
Then you could show up at our spread and we'd be happy to give you something to do.....

I usually bring my 1987 Prelude, but I just have not had time to change the ripped transmission from NJ, but it should be ready by Loudon
So I am driving on the Great Globs of Oil team with their Maxima and Ford Probe
And we'd sure love to have you hang out with us....in fact, since you are familiar with Fords and Hondas, maybe your wisdom will balance out some of our stupidity....
Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to reserve a garage, so we will be gypsy tenting it ....
But we have food, drinks, fun, and certainly usually some form of car-nage...

shoot me an email, and we could talk/correspond some more regarding details, if interested

Take care
z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

I'm just going to point out that while spectators are allowed full access to the paddock, they are not supposed to touch cars. Liability reasons, I'm sure it's insurance driven with different coverage for different classifications of attendee. Does that rule get broken all the time? I'm sure it does. But just be aware that technically it's a rule and don't do anything extra dumb that would create new rules if something goes wrong.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice