1 (edited by OnkelUdo 2021-08-11 04:22 PM)

Topic: Autobahn 2021 Potluck

So Nick Pon promised to send an email blast about this if I posted it so here me go.

Potluck will be now Saturday night since that is what Nick Pon put in the email blast.  It will be around the Tech/Penalty box garage (aka, timing tower) starting 1 hour after track goes cold (likely 7PM CDT).  I tend to bring two tables and in the past other contributors have supplied about three more which is usually enough but tight.

What can you bring?  Just about anything from potent potables to desserts to plates, bowls and plasticware.  We alway tend to get enough main courses and meats so if you are on the fence, think deserts and sides people will enjoy standing up.  Regardless, plan on enough for 20 or more folks as we do tend to have about 50% of the folks eating that did not bring anything and that is totally OK.  This is not about the food it is about the people and the "party".

In the past I have tried to do a google sheet with team name and dish to be brought but that never flourished so post here and I will update this post with the dish and team name as long as you provide it (if you don't I will label you "rando" and sequential number).

Seriously folks, this is some of the most fun we had pre-COVID so lets make Potlucks Great Again! (no association with any political or activist group).

The list:

Bad Decisions - Mac and Cheese with Smoked Sausage, green bean casserole, 15 gallons of homebrew beer
Brown/Burnt Rubber Sole - Chips, box wine, cups, plates
B2 Racing something lobster car - Bay cheddar biscuits
Baby Got Track - Chocolate chip and monster cookies
Team Shredded Cheats - Plasticware and Chips
Brett's balls...not sure if fhe is on a team or just bringing epic meatballs
Wonderment Consortium - Grilled meats of indeterminate origin
Product Design - not even racing a car but still bringing chips and queso

Re: Autobahn 2021 Potluck

I can't speak for my team, but since I probably won't get there until 6 on Friday, I won't have time to cook stuff.  I can bring chips and plates and cups though.

And wine.  Boxes of wine.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

3 (edited by OnkelUdo 2021-08-03 01:10 PM)

So editted the original post since Nick decided our Potluck was on Saturday in the email blast...so it is now Saturday.  Don't blow your car up until Sunday so you can attend...or take a break from yourEngine/trans/suspension swap to get some food, hopefully not food poisoning, and hang out with your fellow racers.

This is awesome!!!!  It's been years since I've seen a potluck at the track!  You can put team Baby Got Track down for homemade chocolate chip and monster cookies.  We'll have small dessert plates as well for the people who don't like dipping their dessert in succulent leftover mac-n-cheese juices.

B2 Racing (#25) and the Lovable Lobster will be bringing Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Looking forward to being a part of this, thanks for putting it together guys.

https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F9%2F2019%2F11%2Fred-lobster-sweater-FT-BLOG1119.jpg

This is our first Lemons, and we are super excited!!!  Team Shredded Cheats will bring some chips and plastic forks, spoons and knives.  Looking forward to the race!!!

Hey all, first time lemonser, long time follower of the sport of motors. We are definitely in for the potluck. Just the TIB. Need to confirm what my wife is willing and able to make but she makes a hell of a bourbon ball. Basically a ball of bourbon and chocolate and such. We can bring those and some other treats and water/soda.

Excited to have the first Lemons experience!

Quick bump for the 12 people still on these forums...

I will be bringing my tasty meaty balls.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Team 6-pack will be coming.  This is our first time at Joliet and only our second Lemons race.  We are bringing families with us, is this a driver only event ?  Or are families welcome as well ?

pathos wrote:

Team 6-pack will be coming.  This is our first time at Joliet and only our second Lemons race.  We are bringing families with us, is this a driver only event ?  Or are families welcome as well ?

Everyone is welcome from corner workers to Lemons staff to even those sleazeball drivers that ran us off the track...seriously, everyone is welcome.

Sounds good, we will be there, the wives put together a menu for the weekend, we will see what we can share, or plan to being some store bought goodness along with us.

219 nightmares on elm street will be bring bbq beef. Its been smoking near 20 hours sorry all. We have the beef and the buns.