Topic: Cool suit system - low flow!

Preparing for the next race, I pulled out my cool suit system to test it out....the system has low flow and is not cooling well.

Any tips on clearing it up?

EPA Racing - #40 Supercharged Dodge Caliber

2 (edited by BigBird 2021-05-18 07:53 PM)

Re: Cool suit system - low flow!

I don't know if it is relevant,but I also broke out the cooler last weekend....What I found was that the hoses (inside the foam insulation) were black and nasty looking...they were also hard as a rock.....needless to say,I replaced them and soaked the dry fit connectors in Simple Green. I did not put ice and run it through the shirt,but I did run water through the system for an hour.Seemed to work ....Maybe I'll try out the shirt as well...(in the comfort of my home) before it fails at T Hill....

EDIT: Are you sure you are running it on  a good 12V source? And the polarity is correct? If I'm not mistaken,it will run if polarity is reversed,just not that well.......

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Built my own with a $20 ebay diaphragm pump strapped to the outside of a drink cooler and it seems to blast right through all hoses at speed. It's a little loud when the car's not running but then again if I get a pinhole somewhere I'll have an interior windshield washer and swamp cooler combined.

Noahcount wrote:

Built my own with a $20 ebay diaphragm pump strapped to the outside of a drink cooler and it seems to blast right through all hoses at speed. It's a little loud when the car's not running but then again if I get a pinhole somewhere I'll have an interior windshield washer and swamp cooler combined.

Same setup here, have to zip tie the hoses at the barb to keep them on, also, no qualms running almost straight bleach through thee cooler/shirt to get rid of black gunk.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Same setup here, have to zip tie the hoses at the barb to keep them on, also, no qualms running almost straight bleach through thee cooler/shirt to get rid of black gunk.

Yea the shirt sold on the Lemons site IMO uses barbs a little too small for the hoses. I looked at it and I was thinking "hm, that looks like it could maybe come off easily, oh well". You will never guess when it came off. Yes it was mid-lap at ORP. Fortunately our car is a Fiat so it has good drainage in the passenger side floor pans. Came in and zip-tied it and it was mostly fine-ish for the rest of the weekend.

BSOD Racing, 1987 Fiat X1/9

Don't run straight bleach through your system. It can harden the hoses. 50/50 max.

Also, get a couple of the female connectors from McMaster Carr and blow out the hoses
on the shirt if you're going to store it long term.

You can also make a "juice" that helps to prevent mold and algae from forming in the system.
You just add it to the coolant when using the shirt/system:
Propylene Glycol (Fog Machine Juice) and Liquid Copper (Pool/Pond Algaecide)
The stuff sold for the same purpose is WAAAAYYY overpriced.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater