Topic: Eagles Canyon Raceway

Anyone been to Eagles Canyon Raceway recently?  Huge improvements.  Surface is newly paved and facilities are remodeled.  It is about time for Lemons to return to ECR.

Organizer's Choice Award 2011 Heaps in Heart of Texas
IOE 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
2014 ECR Class C WIN;  2015 MSR Class B WIN
Speedy Monzales

Re: Eagles Canyon Raceway

One of our Teammates from NY just relocated to Dallas/Fort worth and is a half hour from the track.
I am anxious to get there and check it out!!!!
Manny

Jeff used to be Lemons track guy so I'm not sure who does that anymore.  I'd email Jay.  Right about now is the time when tracks/groups start getting their schedules sorted.  In general I think they are happy with the number of races they have so in order to add ECR back on the schedule they'd probably have to drop one elsewhere in the region.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

When they renovated the place, Eagles Canyon expressed that they are not interested in hosting wheel to wheel racing, full stop. They've worked themselves into the country-club model that seems to be the new push in racetracks, though most of those supplement that member income with renters.

We inquire regularly, haven't heard anything to the contrary yet. And a couple years on from the renovation, if you look at their calendar, it is mostly one-day renters, members days, and HPDEs. The only wheel-to-wheel racing I see is a vintage-racing group, who will generally ban your ass if there's contact.

All that said, we've love another race in Texas, but Texas/Oklahoma is unfortunately difficult for venues.

ECR: No W2W renters
Harris Hill: Paddock too small
MSR Cresson: Paddock too small and some other administrative difficulties I can't remember
TMS: Either a roval (Lemons doesn't do big rovals) or a tiny infield course
COTA: Still way too expensive
Hallet (OK): No paddock access during the race

The Ozark place in Missouri is kind of intriguing, but it's (slightly) closer to Chicago or Nashville than it is to Dallas. It also just opened and I think we'd like to see that they have their operation together and smoothed out for a while before we plunk down a rental fee on a place that is 7+ hours from places where we have a significant number of teams.

Am I missing any places in Texas?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

When they renovated the place, Eagles Canyon expressed that they are not interested in hosting wheel to wheel racing, full stop. They've worked themselves into the country-club model that seems to be the new push in racetracks, though most of those supplement that member income with renters.

We inquire regularly, haven't heard anything to the contrary yet. And a couple years on from the renovation, if you look at their calendar, it is mostly one-day renters, members days, and HPDEs. The only wheel-to-wheel racing I see is a vintage-racing group, who will generally ban your ass if there's contact.

All that said, we've love another race in Texas, but Texas/Oklahoma is unfortunately difficult for venues.

ECR: No W2W renters
Harris Hill: Paddock too small
MSR Cresson: Paddock too small and some other administrative difficulties I can't remember
TMS: Either a roval (Lemons doesn't do big rovals) or a tiny infield course
COTA: Still way too expensive
Hallet (OK): No paddock access during the race

The Ozark place in Missouri is kind of intriguing, but it's (slightly) closer to Chicago or Nashville than it is to Dallas. It also just opened and I think we'd like to see that they have their operation together and smoothed out for a while before we plunk down a rental fee on a place that is 7+ hours from places where we have a significant number of teams.

Am I missing any places in Texas?

I forgot to ask last weekend, any plans to go back to Topeka?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019