Topic: PCV Question

Currently I am running the stock PCV valve set up on the 400 engine in the Cordoba. It nice in that it keeps those pesky blow- by fumes from choking the driver out, but I am a little worried the PCV valve will stick and I'll suck all the oil out of the motor.

Any thoughts on keeping the stock system or vent it in the air? I was thinking that I could have an open breather with a hose extension and have the hose close enough to  the air cleaner intake so most of the blow-by gets pulled in, but it would'nt be under direct vacume.

Cordoba

Re: PCV Question

Most Lemons Racers don't understand the amount of time that wide open throttle diminishes crankcase evacuation.
Lap after lap without manifold vacuum, engine at WOT (and questionable ring seal in the first place) causes the crankcase to pressurize and blow seals, bypass oil rings and such.
PCV is less necessary than an air filter breather. (remember Venturi vacuum is all we have at WOT)
My cars run both, with particular care on the breather.
Hope that suffices as an answer.
Manny (Oscars Junk Heap)

Jimmy wrote:

Currently I am running the stock PCV valve set up on the 400 engine in the Cordoba. It nice in that it keeps those pesky blow- by fumes from choking the driver out, but I am a little worried the PCV valve will stick and I'll suck all the oil out of the motor.

Any thoughts on keeping the stock system or vent it in the air? I was thinking that I could have an open breather with a hose extension and have the hose close enough to  the air cleaner intake so most of the blow-by gets pulled in, but it would'nt be under direct vacume.

run it otherwise you'll be pushing oil all over the track. We run both a PCV and a breather with a "puke can". No issues, slightly cheaty 305, shift at 5800.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Thanks Gentlemen !

Cordoba