Topic: Coolshirt Safety Pull DIY

We just ran 24 hours on near 100 degree days and suddenly I'm very interested in how my DIY coolshirt system is supposed to work. It turns out that the black "quick disconnect" connectors we have are not the same as the red "safety pull" connectors. Both are the same in the sense that if you pull on them the connection will indeed come apart, but apparently "safety pull" connectors come apart in a tidy fashion without jerking the barb out of the hose and spewing precious cold water everywhere.
I'm about to try to whittle down the back of the little lock slider mechanism and see if I can make my own "safety pull". The interwebs demands $42 to backorder two safety pull female connectors. In this case safety is not worth a penny over $9.98
Any experience with such things?

Re: Coolshirt Safety Pull DIY

Check if this will work for you:

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item. … id=popcorn

Wow thanks! Much appreciated

That is an awesome link Bricoop!  thanks

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

You've got it guys.  I spent countless hours sourcing my own design.

Noahcount wrote:

We just ran 24 hours on near 100 degree days and suddenly I'm very interested in how my DIY coolshirt system is supposed to work. It turns out that the black "quick disconnect" connectors we have are not the same as the red "safety pull" connectors. Both are the same in the sense that if you pull on them the connection will indeed come apart, but apparently "safety pull" connectors come apart in a tidy fashion without jerking the barb out of the hose and spewing precious cold water everywhere.
I'm about to try to whittle down the back of the little lock slider mechanism and see if I can make my own "safety pull". The interwebs demands $42 to backorder two safety pull female connectors. In this case safety is not worth a penny over $9.98
Any experience with such things?

Is this about getting out of the car safely in an emergency, or forgetting to disconnect before getting out of the car regularly?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport