Topic: NCM Potluck?

Half-Fast racing will kick off the potluck plans by bringing pulled pork BBQ, buns, baked beans, plates, forks, knives, and spoons.  Will bring the first case of beer if nobody's bringing a keg.

Anybody else interested?

Re: NCM Potluck?

I think it's a great idea. I'll bring some folding tables to setup food on as well as something to contribute to the potluck.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Which night is this for?

What day...what time...where?  I normally organize them locally and think I did the first NCM one but I just do not have time this race.

I traditionally bring about 8#'s of Mac and Chz with smoked sausage.

Household 6 is out of state... :-(

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

6 (edited by Stan in Bham 2021-09-20 07:10 PM)

Dudefladge wrote:

Household 6 is out of state... :-(

Then do the single-guy thing and just bring beer...

I guess I should have specified Saturday night; haven't heard of one on Friday night before.  Might not be a bad idea, but we'll go with Saturday for the sake of tradition.

Saturday evening,  7:00pm CDT (to give time for post-race tire rotations/brake pad swaps, etc.).  I haven't been there before but look for us to set up near the inspection/penalty area.

Bring your own chairs. Temps should be pleasantly cool in the evening.

We're bringing 5 lbs of pulled pork BBQ, 48 buns, 2 gallons of beans, and beer & water.

8 (edited by OnkelUdo 2021-09-21 03:56 AM)

Stan in Bham wrote:

I guess I should have specified Saturday night; haven't heard of one on Friday night before.  Might not be a bad idea, but we'll go with Saturday for the sake of tradition.

Saturday evening,  7:00pm CDT (to give time for post-race tire rotations/brake pad swaps, etc.).  I haven't been there before but look for us to set up near the inspection/penalty area.

Bring your own chairs. Temps should be pleasantly cool in the evening.

We're bringing 5 lbs of pulled pork BBQ, 48 buns, 2 gallons of beans, and beer & water.

We do Friday pretty often in the midwest but with no test and tune, etc, hopefully only one or two all night engine swaps at this race.

Last time we did it in front of the garages because you have access to electricity, near the toilets(important if you are eating food made by racers), some shade (not as much an issue this year).

dammit.  Just saw this today.  Sorry we missed you.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!