Topic: Needed on the 2022 schedule

There is a distinct need to have a Lemons race at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX. If you have it, they will come.  I would certainly come from California to have an opportunity to run at that racing facility. How do you guys feel about racing that fabulous track?

Re: Needed on the 2022 schedule

Can't see it happening.  Very, very expensive track to rent. Chumpcar has said something about having alternating year races at Indy and COTA so you might look to those guys.  Then again they reportedly took a roughly 6 figure bath at Indy last year so maybe not.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

They'll have to be in much deeper shit financially before we can afford to go there. It'll happen, mind you, but it'll take a while.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

They'll have to be in much deeper shit financially before we can afford to go there. It'll happen, mind you, but it'll take a while.

What about Sandia In Albuquerque?

#167 DITD Racing 96 3000GT

Sandia has scary walls. How about Arroyo Seco in Deming?

That guy

Can we go back to Road America please???  Or BIR???

Pretty please???  I'll bring extra cheese curds

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

DirtyDuc wrote:

Sandia has scary walls. How about Arroyo Seco in Deming?

I'm game!

#167 DITD Racing 96 3000GT

Can we have Inde back for 2022?

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

I'd love to see Watkins Glen or VIR on the schedule.   I'd like to have CMP back too since it's been repaved, but I understand now the reasoning for ditching that classic Lemons venue,

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Too many blue things to hit at the glen.  Raced carts there a million years ago and have blue paint on my wheels to prove it.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

rb92673 wrote:

This would also work for me.

That guy

DirtyDuc wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Motion seconded.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Type44 wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Motion seconded.

Plus I hear it has been repaved and is no longer a tire shredder.

rb92673 wrote:
Type44 wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:

Motion seconded.

Plus I hear it has been repaved and is no longer a tire shredder.

This is a true fact.

That guy

BIR would be much appreciated in this neck of the woods.

squidrope wrote:

Too many blue things to hit at the glen.  Raced carts there a million years ago and have blue paint on my wheels to prove it.

Easy solution, Paint the car blue.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

17 (edited by Max 2021-09-27 09:02 AM)

Probably a pipe dream but racing Lemons at Utah Motorsports Campus would be neato. 

I'm hoping for a return of Heartland Park too.

Max wrote:

Probably a pipe dream but racing Lemons at Utah Motorsports Campus would be neato.

Lemons did run it when it was Miller Motorsports Park.  I don't know the reason why it isn't on the schedule anymore.

rb92673 wrote:
Max wrote:

Lemons did run it when it was Miller Motorsports Park.  I don't know the reason why it isn't on the schedule anymore.

The reason why is that the Miller family was selling the track and it was in legal limbo.  One group won the auction and the auction loser was suing to overturn the results.  It took a couple years to sort out.  Seems like at one point it was questionable as to whether or not it would remain being a racetrack.  I think Jay & Co sort of moved on.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:
rb92673 wrote:
Max wrote:

The reason why is that the Miller family was selling the track and it was in legal limbo.  One group won the auction and the auction loser was suing to overturn the results.  It took a couple years to sort out.  Seems like at one point it was questionable as to whether or not it would remain being a racetrack.  I think Jay & Co sort of moved on.

The last I'd heard—and this was pre-pandemic, mind you—it was still not sorted out in any meaningful way.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
cheseroo wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

The last I'd heard—and this was pre-pandemic, mind you—it was still not sorted out in any meaningful way.

The internet says that it has been sorted, although it sounds like it was pretty screwy for a while.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Motorsports_Campus

That guy

DirtyDuc wrote:
therood wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

The internet says that it has been sorted, although it sounds like it was pretty screwy for a while.

Going there felt like a visit to grandma's house with carpet runners and plastic slip covers over the furniture.  Felt like I wasn't supposed to sit on anything or get anything dirty.  It's a nice facility.

Gone bye-bye

cheseroo wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:
therood wrote:

Going there felt like a visit to grandma's house with carpet runners and plastic slip covers over the furniture.  Felt like I wasn't supposed to sit on anything or get anything dirty.  It's a nice facility.

Mostly I just want to keep nesting quotes, but having the operations sorted is different from sorting out who owns the place. Again, haven't heard anything since we were making the '20 schedule, so maybe that also has gotten better. That said, nobody outside of NASA Utah seems to be kicking down the door trying to rent the road course.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com