Topic: Seriously...no one asked anything or posted about NCM?

Yeah, what, 9 days out...not a peep?

No test and tune.

No one is organizing a potluck.

No one appears to be going.

Come one...someone step up.  I did the Joliet and Gingerman (not a) Potluck so cannot care enough.  Anyone even planning to show up?

Re: Seriously...no one asked anything or posted about NCM?

I was kind of thinking the same!

Sucks there is no test day to learn the track.  Sebring was the same earlier this year and I survived, so I guess it's no big deal.

Something I noticed different from the last time we raced at NCM is the fueling rules.  NCM has a nice wide concrete pit lane, but oddly enough last time we fueled in the paddock.  EVERY race I had ran prior in Lemons (since 2007) we fueled on the hot pits.   

I thought the paddock fueling would be a giant fustercluck, but as it turned out, it was great!  It was hot as two rats f*ckign in a wool sock with the end tied-up at that race, so the only time I was out of my shaded garage was during fueling or while driving.  We were able to setup an EZ-Up right outside of our garage so we could fuel in the shade.

Wonder why the change this time?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

This will be the first time for us at NCM. Spent a few hours on Assetto Corsa learning the track.  every little bit helps.

Here is the track: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ … ky.175711/

'94 BMW E36 - mostly fast with frequent periods of sitting in the pits getting worked on

To answer your question about paddock refueling, VKZ24.  Covid put an end to it for now.  We had not done hot pit refueling at either Gingerman or Autobahn prior to last year... we are now.

Half-Fast Racing will be there with one Beetle. One Beetle got slam dunked by a 50' oak courtesy of Ida, and we sold our third car just a couple of weeks before that because we didn't need three cars.  Timing is everything, isn't it?

We'll kick off the potluck by offering to bring a big tray of pulled pork BBQ and buns, and the first case of beer (if nobody's bringing a keg).  Will also bring plates, plastic ware, and paper towels/napkins.

Sorry, was too busy with other job and other car racing fun! 

But yes Team Sucker Punch will be there, our Corvette is coming home!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

We are coming, just been working hard on that massive bribe we are fixing to lay down.  Figure enough Kentucky bourbon in Eric and we might get a ten minute head start on the field.  It sounds good on paper anyway

Off-Kilter Racing will be there with ToadRacer.

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Okay,... I have a question...

The other guys are taking the car through tech, etc on Friday because I have to work.

Will my son and I be able to get our gear teched Saturday morning?

I know it will be a busy time for the organizers... I'm sure this happens often   (?)

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

10 (edited by BigBird 2021-09-20 07:41 PM)

Dudefladge wrote:

The other guys are taking the car through tech, etc on Friday because I have to work.

I know it will be a busy time for the organizers... I'm sure this happens often   (?)

Send your gear down with the car,have one of your teammates gear check it for you.
The driver does not need to be there for the gear check.
The only driver specific thing is the driver wristband,where you have to show HQ your DL and they put the band on your wrist.

EDIT...This was the procedure 'pre-Covid' ...YMMV....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

^ Interesting; at NJMP this year, for the personal safety equipment check, I, and all others I saw, were required to actually put on all their driver's equipment, including connecting the HANR device.

As additional information, since I had only just received the helmet and HANR device, I had not yet installed the posts, so I had to go do that before getting a sticker.

Dudefladge wrote:

Yes, you can normally go to the penalty box Saturday morning to get your personal gear tech.

Since we resumed racing after COVID, they normally have you wear your gear to tech - fully dressed except for helmet (carried so they can check the date).