1 (edited by accordionfolder 2021-09-15 09:10 AM)

Topic: Experienced NCM Driver looking for love

Hi, I'm Andy

Short notice I know, but I'd love to drive at the coming NCM race with a team.

What do I bring to the table?
I have a beard.
I've got tons of experience at NCM - I'm in the driving club there
I rent a garage on-site that a team I drove with could use part of.
If I find someone to drive with soon, there's a driving club day on this coming Friday where the car can be shaken down
I have a big red tow truck name Cliford, not sure how useful that is ... but it's an option!
I've never been black flagged for a bad pass/aggressive driving, I have spun - who hasn't!
I have wiener dog/jack-russel mix, she's great - I just want you to know that.
I'm a decent mechanic, I build and race my own cars - mainly miata based, but I like to wrench/tune/drive generally
I'm very good at woo'ing when required.
I have my own set of safety gear.

Here's a lap from Sunday:
https://youtu.be/1bLx1iXJwjk

Re: Experienced NCM Driver looking for love

I'm not even sure its possible at this time since the roster window has closed. I think they will allow spectators though.

In the future (aside from advance notice) you will also want to indicate if your Lemons drivers license is current.

World record simca driver
1992 Suzuki Cappuccino: way too small to ever fit safety equipment for Lemons...
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

From what I've been told and can see on the website I can still register?

4 (edited by cheseroo 2021-09-13 11:50 AM)

accordionfolder wrote:

From what I've been told and can see on the website I can still register?

I'm not registered for NCM so I don't get the emails but I am for Buttonwillow which is the same weekend and we have till 4:30 PDT today before everything closes.  I'd imagine NCM is similar.  There is a process for late driver registration but it's exponentially more expensive, likely on purpose as they don't want to be screwing around with last minute registrations.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Is this fun Andy? Did you register yet?

6 (edited by accordionfolder 2021-09-21 08:22 PM)

douglfr1 wrote:

Hello! It is I, Fun-Andy! I didn't find a drive yet, I think I started looking a bit too late this time sad

accordionfolder wrote:
douglfr1 wrote:

Hello! It is I, Fun-Andy! I didn't find a drive yet, I think I started looking a bit too late this time sad

Andy, shoot me an email.

It's unlikely you'll find anyone's car to drive, but I can talk you through an option or two. At the very least, if you're local-ish, you can (and should!) come check out the race in person.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Eric get him hooked up
Andy I'll be at the track this evening. I also sent you a Face book message.
Doug