Topic: teams fielded by schools

Hello all! I'm curious if there are any teams officially supported by a school (secondary, post-secondary, for-profit)?
I'm an instructor at a post-secondary school (community college), and looking for precedence to justify direct support by the school.

Any and all information would be helpful. Thanks!!

Jim

Re: teams fielded by schools

That's awesome that you're doing this! I woulda loved being part of a Lemons team in college. There's a school in colorado that was just at the HPR 24 hour that had two miatas. They're a club, but they get some school funding. Their team name is slipping my mind, but once Lemons releases the recap video or the results you can find them since they won an award.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

Thanks! I'll try to find out which school.

CU Boulder Racing Team!

There have been several high school aged auto shop teams.  There have been sseveral college aged auto shop or engineering classes have entered cars.  If you watched every youtube recap (theres like 100 of them) you will see them mentioned occasionally.

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

Off the top of my head, I can think of four different high school programs, a nonprofit working outside of schools but working with high school kids, and at least one official college program doing Lemons (plus the Georgia Tech group who does the GRM Challenge every year). I can dig up contacts for you, just email me.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Boulder UC was in the most recent wrap up...released just today.