Topic: Can I weld 2 cars together.

Currently have a C class truck...

I read through all the rules again.  Is there any reason you can't weld 2 separate cars of 2 different makes together??

Planning to build something really silly but want to make sure general tech allows for merging two or more? cars together.

Cheers

Re: Can I weld 2 cars together.

I'm almost positive you can. I think I recall hearing/reading that eyesore's miata has been rewelded with a donor half-miata after an accident. I don't see why it'd be any worse with two different cars as long as the joint is reinforced properly and the cage tie-in points are structural. Might want to email in though as I don't think this is common enough to listen to some forum people.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

Yeah, Pagel is going to want to know exactly what you are planning to do and how you are going to do it.  Something to keep in mind about things like eyesore's car is that it's been around 12? years now.  The rules are light years different.  Not saying that car doesn't meet the rules but there have been a few cars that have received grandfathered exceptions over the years so be careful about using older cars as the basis for what's allowed now..  I think the eyesore car has been clipped twice now.  It was originally built from two halves and sometimes later got another front half after a crash.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Be careful if welding 2 S10s together.  That's gonna result in being put in class A for sure and having to bring a great bribe to get your penalty down from 200 laps to 100.  Will you still win?  Likely, but its kinda stressful making up all those laps.

Speaking of stress, we hit 72 mph in our S10, so factor that in as you're welding...probably gonna need to run some extra beads or have some expansion areas like the Concorde (jet, not Chrysler).

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane)
2021 Gingerman-II:  20 seconds of footage on the wrap-up!
95 Chevy S-10

well first off we are looking at a C class rig.  That said It will likely be 2 unibody cars seemed at the fire wall.  I am an excellent welder and fabricator for the last 15 years so I am not concerned about strength of welds.  Front clip and front wheel drive will likely be the method so all the original specs for making the motor torque and steering situation will not change.  Basically welding a motor to a trailer so as long as they are lined up clean it should be a hoot.  Don't want to give specifics on what I am thinking...surprises are way more fun.

I'm sure it will be great, I'm sure we'll see it either at our track or on the FB page.  Good luck, hope it goes well for you!

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane)
2021 Gingerman-II:  20 seconds of footage on the wrap-up!
95 Chevy S-10

Talk to Pagel. He makes the call on anything non standard

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner