1 (edited by awendel817 2021-10-21 01:45 PM)

Topic: For Sale - 1987 Acura Legend, full Cage, runs - SOLD - Detroit, MI

For Sale -  1987 Acura Legend, full Cage, runs, needs a little work before race ready

For sale is our 1987 Acura Legend, built and caged for ChampCar. We purchased it as a built running/racing car from the great guys at Racing for Heros based at VIR in October 2018 after it competed in the 24 hour race at VIR in August 2018. Throughout the summer/fall of 2019 we rewired the switch panel, removed excess OE wiring, added an additional bar for a passenger seat harness, added passenger seat mounts, and moved the passenger door bars into the door skin for seat clearance. Unfortunately, the pandemic killed the momentum for getting the car back on the track and we moved on to other projects so we decided to sell.

The car has Wilwood front brakes, Baja Designs front headlights, Ground Control coilover conversion, Megan adjustable lower control arms in the rear, new battery, repair/service manuals and will include parts listed below.

Spares:
2 sets of wheels with used tires
Partial set of tires
Short Block
3 Cylinder Heads
Misc small parts (hoses, alternators, bolts, brake pads, etc.)
Spare Racing seat

New Parts not yet installed:
Wheel bearings
Spark plugs
Timing belt kit
Fuel filter

We would recommend changing the fluids and brake rotors before taking the car on a track. For ChampCar, a fire suppression system will need to be fitted (all the fire suppression parts we took off are provided).

We are asking $4000 OBO. Now asking $3500 OBO. Now asking $3,000.

2016 MTI 8.5'x24' enclosed trailer also for sale. Trailer was hardly used outside of storage so it has low miles, is undercoated, has interior LED lights and a deep cycle battery with charger. The front is setup for a winch (not included). Sale includes Equalizer hitch and tie down straps.

Trailer Only: $7000 Pair with car for $9,000 combined.

Delivery available but subject to our availability. Car is currently located in the Detroit, MI suburbs. Depending on distance and/or purchase price, may require additional fee.

More pictures available upon request. Happy to answer any questions.

Email me at awendel817@yahoo.com.

Not sure how to add pictures here easily but they are also available on the champcar classifieds forum at this link: (Copy the URL into your search bar and substitute "ThatOtherSeries" for champcar)

https://forum.ThatOtherSeries.org/topic … rice-drop/

Re: For Sale - 1987 Acura Legend, full Cage, runs - SOLD - Detroit, MI

Price Drop!

Now that you have two posts you can link pics.

I use Postimages.org, and copy and paste the 'Hotlinks for forums'. I set up an account so that I can control the pictures after uploading them; otherwise, you lose control to keep/delete them.

Thanks for the reply! I am still having trouble with images on this forum, but I was able to at least post the URL to the champcar site.

2nd price drop!

6 (edited by Lemon_Newton-Metre 2021-10-10 06:40 PM)

Have you tried the link yet? Do you see what it resolved to?

Aw man. I didn't catch that at first. I didn't realize Lemons blocked "That Other Series" so aggressively. Link will not work then.

So it will take some copy pasting but substituting ThatOtherSeries for c h a m p c a r will work until I figure out this photo issue. 

https://forum.ThatOtherSeries.org/topic … rice-drop/

Try postimages.org again:

Create account
Upload pictures
Click on the "share" icon for "Hotlinks for Forums"
Paste that link into your post

Good luck

Car is sold. Please close the thread.