Topic: Lemons South Spring: April 23-24 CMP ***AND CAMDEN BLOCK PARTY***

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/CMP_Block_Party_0020.jpg

Damn right! David Watkins is getting the permits in order and the band booked for the Block Party for the Friday night and we're back at CMP. We at HQ couldn't be more excited about this.

Email should be out in the next hours, but I figured I'd let the True Forums Faithful see it first. Registration is live and if you were signed up for the previous TBA South date, you're still in there. Cheers and see everyone in Camden!

- Blog Post with only about 5 percent of the amazing photos from Block Parties Past

- Event page with registration.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Lemons South Spring: April 23-24 CMP ***AND CAMDEN BLOCK PARTY***

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

5+ years later, I'm assuming this still holds, yes? [regarding vehicle logistics; COVID restrictions notwithstanding] :

RSB wrote:

[2016-11-18 03:37 PM]
How does the parade and block party work at CMP? Do you have to trailer your car into town? How far away is it from the track?

rmcdaniels wrote:

[2016-11-18 03:48 PM]
It's a little over 20 miles. If your car isn't street-legal, then you'll have to trailer it. We actually borrowed someone's truck and used a tow bar, since our car had a tow bar on it when we bought it. There's a big field that you park in south of town, then drive the car a few blocks to downtown. There's music and food, and a lot of people come out to check out the cars and teams. After a few hours of BS judging, you drive back to the field, put it on the trailer, and head back to the track.

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

5+ years later, I'm assuming this still holds, yes? [regarding vehicle logistics; COVID restrictions notwithstanding] :

RSB wrote:

[2016-11-18 03:37 PM]
How does the parade and block party work at CMP? Do you have to trailer your car into town? How far away is it from the track?

rmcdaniels wrote:

[2016-11-18 03:48 PM]
It's a little over 20 miles. If your car isn't street-legal, then you'll have to trailer it. We actually borrowed someone's truck and used a tow bar, since our car had a tow bar on it when we bought it. There's a big field that you park in south of town, then drive the car a few blocks to downtown. There's music and food, and a lot of people come out to check out the cars and teams. After a few hours of BS judging, you drive back to the field, put it on the trailer, and head back to the track.

I believe that is still correct.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

i want to get down a CMP race one year. The block party and overall shenanigans look like fun

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

I promise not to make the 14 hour tow this year so that Mother Nature will not cancel the race.  Next year, all bets are off.