Topic: Would a 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 qualify for Lemons Racing?

Hello Folks,
I'm new to Lemons and I was wondering if a 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 would qualify for Lemons Racing ?
This is my vehicle and I'm thinking of posting it in the For Sale section but wasn't sure if a vehicle this size would qualify..
looking forward to the feedback.
Thanks!

Re: Would a 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 qualify for Lemons Racing?

Rule 2.1    Vehicle Eligibility: [snip]  The vehicle’s original, manufacturer-stated curb weight may not exceed 4200 pounds.

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

Rule 2.1    Vehicle Eligibility: [snip]  The vehicle’s original, manufacturer-stated curb weight may not exceed 4200 pounds.

The curb weight is too high, about 4600lbs, and SUVs require a lot of effort to make sure they don't roll over at track speed. I don't see many people wanting to turn it into a Lemons racecar.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

You might be able to get a weight waiver for that, although Mercedes builds things in a very stout way (Thick sheet metal, lots of stuff that's hard to remove and still have a functioning car, etc.). Someone building for Lemons might also get asked to lower it in the interest of not ending up on their lid.

That said, anything that's road legal qualifies for the Lemons Rally and an old Mercedes will make either a great or an awful Lemons Rally ride.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Thank You All for the feedback .. Much Appreciated!