Topic: So who is doing the Moscow rally?

Looking to see who going!  We just paid our dues so gives me a month and a half to make this pile "road worthy"

-Mike
Junk Works Racing Team Captain
Lemons South Spring '09 SR-71 BlackBird Finisher
Southern Discomfort '10 E-30ata 4th place

Re: So who is doing the Moscow rally?

Two from the Bunch of Idiots team is coming and one from another team. Our pile is not running yet. Just paid for a whole bunch of parts. If everything goes well the donor engine that has been sitting a long time will be in the car and running? November 13/14th weekend. I am worked on the cylinder head last weekend. Hopefully one of the two radiators can be saved otherwise its really hunt down a universal one as parts are not easy to come by. But we are going to be dumb. Figure spare parts will be nla anywhere but the no specific stuff.

I just entered with my '03 Baja.  My co-driver from Rust Belt Ramble isn't available to come along, so I'll be bringing along my girl friend's 11-year-old son to help with navigation duties.  Fortunately for me, I live in eastern PA, so finding most of the first-day check points shouldn't be too hard for us.  I can find all the other check points during the evenings (I hope).  I'll likely be at the pre-rally meetup, but that'll mean staying overnight up that way, since it's not worth me driving back down to Schuylkill County and then back up to Montage Mountain in the morning.

Lawn dart will be back ....our teams 3rd rally

There will be an AWD Pontiac Vibe with a burger strapped to the roof basket present.

My idiot brother ("Max") and I ("Professor Fate") just signed up for the Moscow rally (Team: Press The Button, Max!).  We'll be driving our '67 Plymouth Valiant (the Hannibal Twin-8) relying again on our well-tried theme from the movie The Great Race.  We raced the Valiant twice at NJMP and once we realized how fortunate we were not to die on the racetrack we switched to Lemons rallies.  We participated in the Texas rally in 2019 and it was a total hoot.  We can't wait to meet new Lemons friends in the Moscow rally!
Larry and Gregg

Still putting the car together the new engine was supposed to be in the car last weekend and running. Its still on the engine stand. Three weeks to go its going to be very very close. Will we make it. Hopefully. This cheap bad idea car has gotten expensive.

I had the #TrashMasterWagon running well for last week and yesterday it decided not to start.  So after the rain stops I will get to the diagnosis of the issue.  Hope its easy, prob the VATS system......GM JUNK!

Other than it not running I think we are ready for the rally!

-Mike

Engine is in. Most of it is is done. There is a small list....like maybe driving it around the block and the radiator actually making it here. Eta on the rad is next Tuesday.

Two a-bodies!  Looking forward to seeing the valiant!

1972 For...er...Mercury Cougar. Malaise era luxury muscle.

My co-driver bailed yesterday so I guess I'm doing this thing solo XD Who can I follow?

Still wrenching on my 1968 Dodge D200 currently to get it ready for the rally. First time Lemons event and really looking forward to it. Truck currently doesn't have floors or interior but considering it sat in a bamboo forest for 21 years, I'll allow it.

13 (edited by 96Formula6spd 2021-12-02 07:29 PM)

Well its looking up for us. Engine seems happy enough. Its traveled a good 1000ft. Sunday we go for 500 miles.

Motor is done, brakes are waiting on some more overnight parts but the interior is spot on in my opinion.  What ya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9ALjmBgas

-Mike

96Formula6spd wrote:

Well its looking up for us. Engine seems happy enough. Its traveled a good 1000ft. Sunday we go for 500 miles.

Sounds about the same for me! Still need to find out if my motor is mixing milkshakes in the oil pan.

IcantDo55 wrote:

Motor is done, brakes are waiting on some more overnight parts but the interior is spot on in my opinion.  What ya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9ALjmBgas

Looks mint! I'm wondering why I took so long caring about my wiring?