Topic: New lemon hopeful in Illinois.

I've know about Lemons for a while now but kinda got the bug last year when I found out about Doing Time in Joliet. I'm 30mins from there. I grew up at the dirt ovals and always looked at asphalt as a way to get to the track. Well I grew up to be a man and daddy stopped paying for all the crap I broke on my car lol and it was time for me to move on anyway so I went off to the USAF @ 19. Did 10 years in as a vehicle mechanic and got out and moved back home. Been on iRacing for a few years now and prolly got more in my sim rig then some of y'all in your cheaty cars. Through that I been getting more into road stuff and figured it's bout time I did something real. So I'm in the progress of looking for a car now I got a lead I'm going to look at tomorrow. Got Autobahn mod for AC on my rig and I'm ready to start building. And honestly I think I'm looking forward to working on a car more than racing it lol, been a supervisor since I got out. And if you got this far I know I ramble alot my mind is kinda flighty when I type alot..... especially at 2am.

Re: New lemon hopeful in Illinois.

You're a leg up on many just being so close to a track. 

What kind of car are you looking to build?  How extensive is your sim rig?  Sounds like fun.  Have you seen that Lemons has an iRacing thing going on?  https://24hoursoflemons.com/wtf-onlineracing/

I'm looking for a car that drives lol. I'll update this tonight if the one I'm going to look at pans out. I have a DOF reality H3 motion rig, I race in VR and have Fanatec CSW V2 wheel base with a R330 wheel on a CSL universal hub. And a formula V2 wheel for that kinda stuff. CSL elite pedals. SHH shifter. And a Ryzen R7 2600 with a RX 580 8gb card. All in all I think it's about 4.5 to 5K in value. Not to mention the money I spent in iRacing lol. Ya I applied to the Lemons league after I made this post.

Most teams (at least out here) have more cars than drivers, so unless you have one or two friends that you can start a team with I think you'd be best off joining a team. It'll be way easier to help keep a team alive by joining them than try to start a team and struggling to keep people on board. Life happens and it's not uncommon to have trouble keeping enough reliable team members. Hopefully a team local to you can reach out, also post up in the okstupid facebook group and section in this forum.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

Hey, we're in the far south suburbs/NWI.  Not sure if we would have any openings, but we like to help newbies into the series.  You are welcome to come to one of our build days, probably 12/18.  Just to chat and learn more if nothing else.  PM me if interested.  Check us out on Facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/BadDecisionsRacing

I'm in Naperville and I have 2 cars with no teammates.  I'm always happy to have help or just talk through Lemons for new teams.  PM me if you want to chat.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.