Re: Official 2022 Schedule + Complimentary Whining Space!

DirtyDuc wrote:

Given my newfound interest in races out east, I found out why we can't have VIR. Lemons is incompatible with the track.

https://virnow.com/about/policies/

I read a load of boilerplate, wanna highlight what exactly makes VIR impossible for our purposes?

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Champcar runs there as does AER. 

They only policy i saw that was not Lemons friendly was fueling. It stated you can only bring 20g of outside fuel into the facility.  No 55g drums that are not delivered and stored at the fuel island.   But honestly i would deal with it to race at VIR.

No grilling for other people, no pit vehicles that aren't registered with the track, to name to stipulations that pop out.

That guy

DirtyDuc wrote:

No grilling for other people, no pit vehicles that aren't registered with the track, to name to stipulations that pop out.

Those dont effect Lemons running there though and to be honest arent that big of a deal.  Im willing to be they are in most tracks rules to begin with.  Its a liability thing, not a VIR thing.

Obligatory whine whine, but is there any change of going back to brainerd or kansas city in the future, or were those events a shitshow on the backend too?

TheBirdman wrote:

Obligatory whine whine, but is there any change of going back to brainerd or kansas city in the future, or were those events a shitshow on the backend too?

Long story short: We wanted to to give both Topeka and Brainerd a couple of years to see if we could generate a team base in the Great Plains, but the pandemic absolutely hosed those plans. For 2022 at least, that plan is on hold but isn't completely out of the question for the future.

/NonAnswerComplete

The atmosphere at both of those races in '19 was totally spectacular and I think that's worth a lot; we just have to figure out if we can make the dollar signs line up.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com