Topic: how early do i enter

So I'm looking at entering the race in washington state later this year. i have a car, just need to get the safety stuff in it, not worried about money or anything as not much needs to be spent past the safety stuff. So my questions is...How early do i need to register for this race? Is this something that i need to worry about or will i be safe as long as i have an awesome theme? I got a group of buddies to do this with and i think it will be easy getting the car ready, i just dont want to register before i am ready with the car if i don't have to worry about registration time. So please let me know how early you think i need to register. all answers welcome, thanks guys.

Re: how early do i enter

Cost you nothing until the the 2-3 week deadline.  Enter now.  Even then, they only collect whatever you and your team of idiots have willfully paid.

sgtpierce24 wrote:

So I'm looking at entering the race in washington state later this year. i have a car, just need to get the safety stuff in it, not worried about money or anything as not much needs to be spent past the safety stuff. So my questions is...How early do i need to register for this race? Is this something that i need to worry about or will i be safe as long as i have an awesome theme? I got a group of buddies to do this with and i think it will be easy getting the car ready, i just dont want to register before i am ready with the car if i don't have to worry about registration time. So please let me know how early you think i need to register. all answers welcome, thanks guys.

I'd get the car as complete as possible before you enter. Make sure it runs/drives/stops. We made a mistake of entering before the car was complete when we 1st started. We didn't make the race but the people were kind enough to let us use the funds for a future race.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Well there is registering for the race, and then there is paying your fees.  I register early and often.  You can register anytime, it gives you the benefit of reserving your number, you get reminder emails on how close the race is, and when you are ready you can pay.  If you do not pay, they automatically cancel you at the payment deadline.

Payment deadline is about two weeks before the race, once you pay you are in and there are typically no refunds.

So register now, pay when you think you are ready.  If you wait until last minute you might find that some of your team mates are not as committed as you and will flake.

It used to be some races like Sonoma would sell out, but I haven't see that in a long time.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

i know the car runs, drives and stops, just need to get the safety stuff done. so i can register for the race and pay later. Good to know. I didn't know if these races filled up quick or not. I thought they would all be fully registered. do i need to have a theme to register? i know they are big on themes and i am planning on doing one but don't have one yet. thanks for the info so far.

sgtpierce24 wrote:

i know the car runs, drives and stops, just need to get the safety stuff done. so i can register for the race and pay later. Good to know. I didn't know if these races filled up quick or not. I thought they would all be fully registered. do i need to have a theme to register? i know they are big on themes and i am planning on doing one but don't have one yet. thanks for the info so far.

I'd worry about a theme last. Some people go all out, some don't. For you 1st race just make sure you show up with a safe car...I'd suggest reliable, but that s subjective.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"