1 (edited by stankinator 2022-03-30 09:05 PM)

Topic: Mounting a seat to the floor

I've been trying for a few days now to come up with a solution to mount my seat (a Momo composite with OMP's angle brackets). Interior space is limited so I need the seat as low as reasonably possible and I'd like to have it on sliders and mounted at a 5-15° angle, but if it's infeasible I can forego either or both of those. I've gone through several iterations of a weld-in/bolt-in bracket like in the second picture, but I'm stumped trying to come up with a good way to attach anything to the floor with all its bends and ribs.

I know I'm not the first person to race a car with a non-flat floor (or even the first person to race an MX-3), so what would you do in this situation?

https://i.imgur.com/7lkTKUq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VNp4ye1.png

Re: Mounting a seat to the floor

I turned some stand-offs to render a flat floor plane. If one of the stand off lands on a ridge- turn it to the maxlength, and whip out the grinder to form the car end.

#42 FLØG MÆT Racing

You can adapt the stock seat mounts and sliders, OR
weld in some cross pieces between the rocker box and
trans tunnel.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

DelinquentRacer wrote:

You can adapt the stock seat mounts and sliders, OR
weld in some cross pieces between the rocker box and
trans tunnel.

Any of the above or take a large hammer and make it flat 8-)

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

I totally did not use a sledge hammer to even out our floor.    Now the seat is too low for short guys so we need a cushion to sit on.    OTOH you could probably be 6'5 and still have cage to helmet clearance.