1 (edited by redLiter 2022-06-20 04:21 PM)

Topic: 1988 Merkur Scorpio -- SOLD!

The Scorpio is basically a BMW built out of Ford parts. It's up for interpretation if that's a good thing.

The bones here are actually very solid. But the paint is shot and someone already took most of the interior apart.

It starts right up and runs smooth. If you could sort out the exhaust and vacuum leaks it would probably run pretty fine.

I've got a lot of the parts it will need to get on the road. Included in the price.

Car is located in Burlington NC

Let me know if you have any questions

Re: 1988 Merkur Scorpio -- SOLD!

No s*** runner for $500? Rare find these days!

If you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

The link doesn’t work.

Yes, I very much want to see it too!  I love the Scorpio and can't remember the last time I saw one on the street.  Does it move on it's own?  Not that I'd try to drive it back to GA, just curious if it "runs and drives".

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

It drives well enough to get it on and off a truck.

apparently, there is a vacuum leak in the transmission which makes the shifts kinda rough.
The power steering does not work
and the tires are pretty bad. again, they will hold enough air to move it around

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/280718423_10217019333230555_3137641384242872797_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=1a9WXjyC1qYAX_BWFQV&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AT8USOMdabm0sEaNeFqVgF3PpbX9L8_EcH3d-xT3W-sBOg&oe=628385DB

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/280772289_10217019332270531_5272871092343196564_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=ar-krBnM8WQAX_Xn6BL&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AT-eD5H2b52y47iVnYcVVf5pgXve51s-hfWk_TraY3rWKQ&oe=628486E0

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/280756198_10217019332150528_417229206016864637_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=m8rVUrXUf8cAX-0X6ey&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AT8ZtGzSJ2XLm_gj4hg5FhCYyGm0g3NidxJuVc5AzKiNtQ&oe=62842E36

I'm fairly certain you could enter a Scorpio, take the start, pull in until 4:53pm Sunday, take the checker, and get IOE at this point.

Must get back on game of turning our XR4Ti into an XR4c.

I'm not 100% on how the scoring works but I do have some documentation regarding cost and what all is included

redLiter wrote:

I'm not 100% on how the scoring works but I do have some documentation regarding cost and what all is included

It's a Merkur Scorpio....I don't see the judges sweating the budget on that.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Man....  Anyone have a good way to get this beast to Atlanta?  I don't own a tow vehicle...  It'd cost a ton to rent one.  #Ineedtobuyatowvehicle

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

if you have a truck to pull it, a point to point trailer is about 150

11 (edited by chaase 2022-05-15 07:43 AM)

Klayfish wrote:

Man....  Anyone have a good way to get this beast to Atlanta?  I don't own a tow vehicle...  It'd cost a ton to rent one.  #Ineedtobuyatowvehicle

Try posting on the Crap Can Relay Service Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544572522294062

Donnie Petrunak is going from Florida to NJ with an empty trailer but maybe not on the way back

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Maybe I could subsidize the shipping for some seat time down the road...

redLiter wrote:

The Scorpio is basically a BMW built out of Ford parts. It's up for interpretation if that's a good thing.

Oh, the optimism!

Class C/0 Laps for a Scorpio with its stock(ish) Cologne V6.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

If I didn't already have too many projects this would be an easy grab since I'm in Efland.

I do need to get rid of this thing. no offer will be refused...

It's the heavier 4 door brother to the XR4Ti. XR's with the lima motor I've seen put in C or B class, but since most of those blow up motors and wind up going the 302 route, B or A class depending on the team.

I doubt there'd be any issue with the cost of a scorpio, but provide a bill of sale anyways. Could be an IOE contender if you can make enough laps and finish the race for sure.

World record simca driver, kei car owner, zymurgist
1989 Merkur XR4Ti - Project Merkur Space Program - Winner "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Bad URL hash... & I ain't smart enough to figger out how to fix it...

But,... I'm in Fayetteville & have a truck that can tow real good... I ain't sayin',... I'm just sayin'... ;-)

Diesel ain't cheap these days, but I might could be convinced to git it sumwheres fer sumbuddy...

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...

KeiCarMike wrote:

It's the heavier 4 door brother to the XR4Ti. XR's with the lima motor I've seen put in C or B class, but since most of those blow up motors and wind up going the 302 route, B or A class depending on the team.

I doubt there'd be any issue with the cost of a scorpio, but provide a bill of sale anyways. Could be an IOE contender if you can make enough laps and finish the race for sure.

Talk of vacuum lines to the transmission suggests it's an automatic. If you run it with the stock Cologne V6—these never got the Lima Turbo—and an auto, I'd have a hard time putting it anywhere but Class C.

We've been begging for one of these for over a decade.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

To Confirm, it is automatic with the Cologne V6.

Not that I know anything about anything, but from what I've heard the 5-speed from a Ranger will bolt in without asking too many questions. If you are so inclined.

guy that lives next to me has an XR4Ti, and a Scorpio!!!

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

oh I actually kinda want it lol. I need lots of space.....

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) 1996 Ford Probe GT(B), 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B)

The thing i love most about Lemons staff is that they always know more about our cars than we do big_smile

therood wrote:
KeiCarMike wrote:

Talk of vacuum lines to the transmission suggests it's an automatic. If you run it with the stock Cologne V6—these never got the Lima Turbo—and an auto, I'd have a hard time putting it anywhere but Class C.

We've been begging for one of these for over a decade.

World record simca driver, kei car owner, zymurgist
1989 Merkur XR4Ti - Project Merkur Space Program - Winner "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

How has this not been snatched up.  Shame,  try garbage around here is going for 1K or better due to people think they have gold in post pandemic world.

I sent'cha an email.... What the hell am I thinking...? LOL

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...

Dudefladge wrote:

I sent'cha an email.... What the hell am I thinking...? LOL

Dooooo IT!