Topic: I think these aren't kinks, stretches, or crimps, but will this fail?

This band was made with an Eastwood proformer. Because the die has holes at the base of the bend, the bend ended up looking kind of bumpy. Would this alone fail tech?

imgur.com/a/cvkTNPh

Thanks for the input!!!

Re: I think these aren't kinks, stretches, or crimps, but will this fail?

I don't like it, but I'm not tech. I strongly suggest getting a ruling from the official Tech Tyrant. Scroll up to the top of the page and email tech through the link under "Contact."

That guy

ye, that has kinks and slightly collapsed. check with the evil for the final word though.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

I'm pretty sure John would tell you to not use it since you haven't welded it in yet(?), and I'd also suggest the same. In reality, if your welds and geometry are good, I doubt this would cause a fail at tech... but if your welds aren't amazing and geometry is okay, this may be the straw that breaks the camels back. I've gotten better bends out of a harbor freight pipe kinker by tac welding the kink point to the die before starting the bending process...  bummer that you are getting those results. You'll probably pass tech 95% of the time... but that one time you don't make it you're going to regret welding that in.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

It does not look that bad but it ain't perfect. Pagel might have some suggestions for getting a smoother bend.

It looks like the tube might be slipping a bit between pumps of the jack.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z