1 (edited by KeiCarMike 2022-06-06 12:21 PM)

Topic: Gingerman - 2022 Rust Belt GP Rollcall, Cookout & Water Rocket Contest

Less than three weeks to go! Who's going to be there? We're looking forward to a great race, get those coolshirts ready!

Project Merkur Space Program will be getting the correct launch sequence dialed in on our XR4Ti after the (literally) shaky start at pittrace.

As promised, party! We pledged half of our HMG award funds to throwing a party at Gingerman and we're keeping that promise by throwing a classic midwest summer cookout and potluck!

Location Confirmed: Cookout will start in the pavilion (same place as gear tech) at 7pm immediately after the track is clear. If you have slow cookers, or drinks for the pool you can start dropping them off at 6:30pm.

There's a signup sheet for the potluck here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

WATER ROCKET CONTEST!
We want everyone to shoot for space with us at this race, so we're throwing a fun water bottle rocket contest. There will a prize and we'll try to bribe some judges and legends into judging this spectacle for us. Entry and inspection for the contest will be from 7-8 on the back porch (where awards usually are) of the pavilion. Contest at 8 until all rockets are launched.

ENTRY GUIDELINES:
- Limit one entry per team please.
- Rocket must be made out of one standard, non-deformed, empty two-liter bottle
- All rocket pieces (fins, cone) and decorations must be made of paper, tape or other soft/frangible materials. No sharp edges and no hardened materials. All rockets will be inspected for safety and our team scientist has the last say on if it's good to go. No exceptions!
- We will have some extra bottles and materials if you want to build your own hastily attempted entry, but teams are encouraged to build and bring their own.
- Please respect the launch zone. The launcher will be in the field by the patio with a safe zone surrounding it.
- Have fun! Did I mention there's a prize for the winner?

For the low down on water bottle rockets, check out this NASA page: https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/rocke … /about.htm

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Re: Gingerman - 2022 Rust Belt GP Rollcall, Cookout & Water Rocket Contest

Signed up at least a portion of Bad Decisions...likely more to come.

We will be there with the Dustbuster and a new build.  I appologize now for our inclusion of a French Canadian in the mix of our newbies...he seems mostly harmless, though.

OnkelUdo wrote:

We will be there with the Dustbuster and a new build.  I appologize now for our inclusion of a French Canadian in the mix of our newbies...he seems mostly harmless, though.

If he gets out of hand, I know a team that has a simca you can stick him in...

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

LoLNB will be there and ready to party, as usual.

Liha zakonnykh ukrayinskykh biznesmeniv.
Ford Pinto Wagon 1972 roku – heroyichne vypravlennya, Memorial Toni Svona 2019 roku
Subaru Outback Sport 2007 - rehionalna premiya, NHMS 2020 - OnlyLamms.com
"My vzyaly zelenyy i kartatyy, ale vse mizh tsym bulo dosyt skhematychno."

Freeze Farms will be there with our S10.  Our theme involves otters and we have 6 drivers, so we’re obviously showing up to win the whole thing.  Lemons might be the only series where I’d see myself saying “If I don’t make it to Michael’s or Hobby Lobby soon I’ll never get the truck ready for the race.”

Thanks for setting up a party, we will contribute one way or an otter.

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane)
2021 Gingerman-II:  20 seconds of footage on the wrap-up!
95 Chevy S-10

Paddock Saboteurs will be making Buffalo Chicken Chili (3 gallons).  Meat free version also?  Might as well....

Drive more, type less.

7 (edited by markhoward727 2022-06-08 03:14 AM)

I thought I already posted this but Buzz off racing will be there to hang out and spectate. The mentos beamer has spilled it's guts while testing after a fresh rebuild. We already have the camper reserved so we are going to come down and hang out and watch much better drivers before we go home and start a dumb engine swap for fall.

We hope to put on a pancake breakfast or something because we have a whole case of fresh made maple syrup as part of a sponsor deal. I'll bring down a couple of helmets and our hans if anyone has problems passing tech or fitting a fat head into a small bucket.

Captain: Buzzoff Racing Suzuki Esteem (superbee) retired after Oct 19
Bmw 330Ci aka Experimento (mentos colored e46 reformed drift car)
We formerly apologize for _______________ and then _____________ and our driver did not have the line.

markhoward727 wrote:

We hope to put on a pancake breakfast or something because we have a whole case of fresh made maple syrup as part of a sponsor deal.

Funny,our token French Canadain is bringing some gallons of the magic liquid...maybe he can make some French toast or toher food from his people.

Sunday morning pancake breakfast sounds good. It looks like they're not doing the hour of racing before the Jesus hour that they've done in the past, at least not according to the schedule. If it really is 12-5, then there's going to be a nice quiet morning on Sunday at gingerman.

The last Gingerman race that didn't see a green flag until noon on Sunday yielded one of the most ridiculous parties I've experienced. If that's indeed the case for this race, prepare thy livers.

Ford Pinto Wagon 1972 roku – heroyichne vypravlennya, Memorial Toni Svona 2019 roku

The bar we built at the June race last year is probably still in the pile of broken ez-ups in the woods by the back garages.  It was ( successfully? ) drug out for the fall race last year, so why not drag it out again for this race?  Ya know.......tradition and all.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

The Fatman wrote:

The last Gingerman race that didn't see a green flag until noon on Sunday yielded one of the most ridiculous parties I've experienced. If that's indeed the case for this race, prepare thy livers.

I miss the Sunday 12:05 green flag -- always had a good time Saturday night at those races.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

13 (edited by KeiCarMike 2022-06-10 09:51 AM)

Alternative plan made. Thanks!

Is anyone reading this that will be at the race from the Holland Michigan area, and would be able to return some rental equipment from the party for us on Monday morning after the race? We didn't realize the rental place was not open on Sunday for returns.

Please let me know asap if we can work something out.

Bumpity Bumpity Bump

15 (edited by jamesberry23.jb 2022-06-25 04:29 PM)

Thank yall for everything you did today for the party!

jamesberry23.jb wrote:

Thank yall for everything you did today for the party!

What a wild ride it was. Thanks everyone for helping us make the party (and rocket contest) a great success.