Topic: Gingerman - 2022 Rust Belt GP Rollcall, Cookout & Water Rocket Contest
Less than three weeks to go! Who's going to be there? We're looking forward to a great race, get those coolshirts ready!
Project Merkur Space Program will be getting the correct launch sequence dialed in on our XR4Ti after the (literally) shaky start at pittrace.
As promised, party! We pledged half of our HMG award funds to throwing a party at Gingerman and we're keeping that promise by throwing a classic midwest summer cookout and potluck!
Location Confirmed: Cookout will start in the pavilion (same place as gear tech) at 7pm immediately after the track is clear. If you have slow cookers, or drinks for the pool you can start dropping them off at 6:30pm.
There's a signup sheet for the potluck here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing
WATER ROCKET CONTEST!
We want everyone to shoot for space with us at this race, so we're throwing a fun water bottle rocket contest. There will a prize and we'll try to bribe some judges and legends into judging this spectacle for us. Entry and inspection for the contest will be from 7-8 on the back porch (where awards usually are) of the pavilion. Contest at 8 until all rockets are launched.
- Limit one entry per team please.
- Rocket must be made out of one standard, non-deformed, empty two-liter bottle
- All rocket pieces (fins, cone) and decorations must be made of paper, tape or other soft/frangible materials. No sharp edges and no hardened materials. All rockets will be inspected for safety and our team scientist has the last say on if it's good to go. No exceptions!
- We will have some extra bottles and materials if you want to build your own hastily attempted entry, but teams are encouraged to build and bring their own.
- Please respect the launch zone. The launcher will be in the field by the patio with a safe zone surrounding it.
- Have fun! Did I mention there's a prize for the winner?
For the low down on water bottle rockets, check out this NASA page: https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/rocke … /about.htm
1989 Merkur XR4Ti - Project Merkur Space Program - Winner "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)