Topic: Need some local advice if possible?

Hello!

My name is Rhiannon, and my team and I are preparing for the October race in Loudon,  New Hampshire. I was wondering if there was anyone local who knows a good place to get a roll cage put in. We don't have any welding skills or tools, so we need some help in that department. Any help would be greatly appreciated ❤

Re: Need some local advice if possible?

Where are you located?

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

Where are you located?

Manchester NH

I think TheEngineer is in NH. There are plenty of teams in the North East, someone must have an idea.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

https://cagethis.com/

I am not sure if he is still in the business.  But he does a great job and has done many Lemons cages.  He also has raced in Lemons.  Nice guy!

I am located in Hampton and have a team mate in Londonderry.  We'd be happy to check out your build and/or offer some guidance if needed.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Yeah, cage this is the only local place I ever found when I started forever ago. He wasn't exactly cheap back then, but his work reflected the price. If he's still doing it, may be worth talking to him. I learned to do my own cages after that.

What kind of car? There is a small chance I can be talked into installing another cage later this summer. Maybe. We'd have to talk details.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Our car is a 2003 SAAB 9-3, she needs a little work still as we are trouble shooting an over-boosting issue with the turbo. We are pretty confident in repairing these issues but are at a loss when it comes to the roll cage safety stuff.

On the one hand, it's a saab, so no one makes an off the shelf kit for it, which makes it annoying. On the other, it's a saab, so I'm like obligated to help or something.

I was hoping you would say you had something common that would have an off the shelf kit available from like Roll Cage Components, because in that case I could help you install it in a weekend. Having to custom bend one is a much bigger effort. However, RCC will bend a kit up to measurements, so there is always the option of measuring up the car, ordering the kit, and then installing.

I'll throw it out there that if you can't find a shop/option you like better, I may be able to help do the cage. I don't think I can commit to building the cage from scratch unless we can get some other people with cage experience to jump in and also help, it's just too big an effort for the amount of time I have these days. But I could help you measure up the car for a place like RCC, and then install it once the kit arrives.

At a very minimum I'm happy to help talk you through rules and requirements around a cage. Send me an email if you want and we can get you going. (click my username, there is a link for "send forum email" on the profile page. That will send me an email and my reply will go to whatever email you registered to the forums with.)

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice