Topic: Thompson in August - Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaug

Tunachuckers are looking to deface yet another historic track with our crap pile.  I did Thompson as an A&D many years ago, but don't remember a whole lot about the track other than the paddock was pretty small and there was no power anywhere. 

Who else is goin', who's gone before and has any tricks/ tips?  We did get lucky and found a place to stay less than 10 minutes from the track.  Yes, we're old now and sleeping in the cab of a 20 year old pickup no longer sounds (as) appealing.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Re: Thompson in August - Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaug

last year there was no power in the bigger parking lot. The garages have power, but most likely sold out. I sleep at the track due to intoxications on Thu, Fri, Sat evenings so not sure about hotels in the area. There is shower on track, same one all the time, just 2 stalls.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

While I'm not a huge fan of the track and facilities, one of my team mates loves the place.  The best description I've heard of the track is "a bunch of dragstrips connected by hairpins."  It will be hot and we'll probably get rain and thunderstorms.  Coolsuit and umbrellas are mandatory IMO.  Be happy you are staying away from the track.  You'll get to avoid the line for the 2 "showers" at the track.  Power is not available unless you rented a garage (they are sold out).  Bring a generator. I'm looking forward to the race and seeing all of my Lemons friends.

If you see an e30 resembling the Batmobile, that's Beulah.  She's our ride.  Good luck and have fun!

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

squidrope wrote:

While I'm not a huge fan of the track and facilities, one of my team mates loves the place.  The best description I've heard of the track is "a bunch of dragstrips connected by hairpins."  It will be hot and we'll probably get rain and thunderstorms.  Coolsuit and umbrellas are mandatory IMO.  Be happy you are staying away from the track.  You'll get to avoid the line for the 2 "showers" at the track.  Power is not available unless you rented a garage (they are sold out).  Bring a generator. I'm looking forward to the race and seeing all of my Lemons friends.
!

/agree

I have stayed off-site. There are some hotels near-ish but not amazing. The better hotels are at the Mass/CT border.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

We found a B&B nearish to the track that looks pretty good.  When I informed the proprietor that we'd be doing a track day at Thompson and would likely be leaving early in the AM and coming in late at night, that was deemed "no problem".  The place looks positively lavish by my admittedly humble standards.  But yes, the hotel situation near the track is pretty grim.  And I hate having to trek half an hour to my bed after a long day of wrenchin' and racin'. 

Looking forward to meeting some extended Lemons family members we've never met before.  We also have a new driver this race, as in, very new.  Like, he had to ask his mom for permission. 

Oh, and we're bringing a new car.  :-)

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["