Topic: Any Bagpipe players in the crowd...?

Off-Kilter Racing will be at the CMP Block Party and race with ToadRacer April 22-24...

We ain't got no talent to speak of, but we sure would like to have a real, honest-to-goodness Bagpiper there with us for BS inspection and the parade!

We will be cashing in our IOE free entry from the NCM race. So if ya wanna play the bagpipes for us, we'll sign you up as crew and you get a free entry... I'll also buy you food... and beer...

Don't make us resort to making our own bagpipes out of rubber gloves and pixy sticks! Please!!

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Re: Any Bagpipe players in the crowd...?

What is the difference between bagpipes and a trampoline?...A person removes their shoes to jump on a trampoline. Groundskeeper Willie told me that joke.

I play the saxophone, if you get enough single malt in me before tech I can probably make it sound like a bagpipe...

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

I'll keep my shoes on then... LOL

@ KeiCarMike: You and I have some similarities in our automotive afflictions... In addition to the 88 Scorpio I just picked up, I have an '81 Challenger tube frame chassis drag car... with a Slant 6...

We have a Sax player on the team, but I'm holding out for a true bagpiper.  Our next race is NCM in September and I could really use a player for BS judging for that one, 'cuz I got some purdy cool bribes fer the judges...

Off-Kilter Racing

Just trying to be helpful here, but checking with local pipe & drum organizations might lead to finding someone you can "rent" for the day.
https://louisvillepipeband.org/home/the-band-today/
https://nashvillebagpipes.com/
https://nashvillebagpiper.com/

Offering a chance for a student level piper may lead to more "budget friendly" options.

Wish I could be more helpful, I'm all about awesome themes.

We'll see you there (assuming we get an engine for our car built...)

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Awesomeness!!  Thank you!

I hope you make it to NCM.  I'll buy you a beer. ;-)

Off-Kilter Racing

sjoblom wrote:

What is the difference between bagpipes and a trampoline?...A person removes their shoes to jump on a trampoline. Groundskeeper Willie told me that joke.

The one I heard is "What is the difference between the sound of bagpipes and someone torturing a cat?   Answer - There is no difference.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

8 (edited by Dudefladge 2022-08-02 06:45 AM)

it IS somewhat of an acquired taste... LOL

Kinda like haggis... :-0

Off-Kilter Racing

I s’pose it’s time to bring this back up… for Barber.

Any bagpipers willing and able to step on a cat the first weekend of February at Barber Motorsports Park near Birmingham, AL…?

Off-Kilter Racing

Thanks to KeiCarMike’s prompting the first time I asked, I dun me sum quick Googlin’ & came up with a feller right off the bat! The Birmingham Bagpiper! :-)

Off-Kilter Racing