Topic: Doing Time in Joliet '22 - Entry List and Tech Times

65 cars with a banner field of terrible heaps: Three Fieros, two 1960s American heaps, two late 1970s economy cars, two Fourth-Gen V6 Firebirds, two Merkurs (one of which has been out of Lemons for like 11 years), two FWD GM shitboxes, the RARE KLASIK Impulse RS, the Blazer we know is amazing, a CRV, the 1947 Plymouth, the godforsaken Quantum, and the first roundy-boi Chrysler minivan. (As always, better resolution here, Excel version here)

https://i.imgur.com/emA2jDz.jpg

Tech Times are on the event page and here directly. Cheers and see you at Autobahn!

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Doing Time in Joliet '22 - Entry List and Tech Times

Sad that we couldn't get our Merkur done in time for a 3-way race, but considering we found our engine block cracked when diagnosing a rear main seal leak, well... That's just how it goes.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

A limb fell onto our car after a storm a few days ago.  Thank goodness it had 13 layers of Rustoleum on it!  Barely a scratch on our FWD GM Shitbox.  Lol

KeiCarMike wrote:

Sad that we couldn't get our Merkur done in time for a 3-way race, but considering we found our engine block cracked when diagnosing a rear main seal leak, well... That's just how it goes.

The returning Merkur in question ran the old Trans Am livery. I saw it at my first race as a spectator and then followed it around Autobahn when I first raced with it belching flames.

https://www.murileemartin.com/LNL09/LNL09-1378.jpg

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Looks like we might be able to get a top 70 finishing spot!

This may be the first time that he Fairlane makes it to the appointed tech time.  On the positive side, though, I've locked the lower control arms in place so we don't have to redo the alignment every 10 or 15 laps.  Stupid alignment eccentrics.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

I might bring spare parts just in case. Maybe I can walk by heckling them like "get your steering rack here, freshly rebuilt, only $500".

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

8 (edited by OnkelUdo 2022-08-07 03:26 PM)

jwagen02 wrote:

A limb fell onto our car after a storm a few days ago.  Thank goodness it had 13 layers of Rustoleum on it!  Barely a scratch on our FWD GM Shitbox.  Lol

We did a tree service theme after a significant limb took out the windshield, corner window and collapsed a portion of the roof on the Dustbuster...you will be fine.

The only car you need to worry about is the rocket powered Eclipse.

KeiCarMike wrote:

I might bring spare parts just in case. Maybe I can walk by heckling them like "get your steering rack here, freshly rebuilt, only $500".

My Scorpio could use that I'm afraid... LOL

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Quite a few Stellantis cars on this list!  We gonna win the Manufacturers Cup again! LOL

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Dudefladge wrote:
KeiCarMike wrote:

My Scorpio could use that I'm afraid... LOL

Merkur Midwest is based in Chicago, so if you need any parts and are going to Joliet, then I'd definitely recommend stopping for parts there. Jeff Herson is the guy you want to get in touch with.