26 (edited by kakarot1232001 2017-08-15 05:22 PM)

Re: Thompson was a blast!

Congrats Manny,
Hope to see Super Grover at NHMS smile

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

and a big congrats from our team to the Rover also!  and I vote to leave the Rover in Class C...seriously...a Rover in B...would not be right...unless you installed some major cheatonium....

And thanks to Manny and his team for dropping by to help fix my jalopy...so we could keep racing!

By the way, if anyone in the Rover complained about being squeezed by our car, my apologies...it was around the S turn...and it was 3 wide, with a car on my right, and me in the middle, and the Rover on the left....and I miscalculated and have pushed the Rover over to the rumble strip or gravel...I waved to the driver in apology...

Take care and hope you make it to Loudon!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

28 (edited by chaase 2017-08-17 08:03 PM)

MZAVARIN wrote:

and a big congrats from our team to the Rover also!  and I vote to leave the Rover in Class C...seriously...a Rover in B...would not be right...unless you installed some major cheatonium....

And thanks to Manny and his team for dropping by to help fix my jalopy...so we could keep racing!

By the way, if anyone in the Rover complained about being squeezed by our car, my apologies...it was around the S turn...and it was 3 wide, with a car on my right, and me in the middle, and the Rover on the left....and I miscalculated and have pushed the Rover over to the rumble strip or gravel...I waved to the driver in apology...

Take care and hope you make it to Loudon!

I don't recall any other drives complaining about another car except me, but that was a pink and white BMW almost blasting into the side of the Rover on the straight after going under the bridge. There is a large set of skid marks on the pavement to right of the Dunkin Dougnuts sign, which were apparently from me hitting the brakes that hard. Aside from a few random incidents, I thought it was a pretty clean race.

We are planning on Loudon. The Rover did not suffer any major problems, only minor ones this time. We don't really have the energy for big upgrades between now and Loudon. Patch her back up and get her on the trailer is the plan.

If we were not questioned on budget, there is a chance it could be a reasonable class B car but it involves ordering high dollar parts from Australia where people still actually race these cars and trying to sort out the reliability issues. This race was the first in a LONG time where we didn't have a major failure.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Late to the game but I really want to thank the Lemons community and the Saab guys next to us in Garage 5.  There were multiple times we were stuck in our engine swap and someone happened to walk by and say, "Hey I've got that tool."  Everyone is so full of knowledge and support it's amazing.  Well done everyone.  Hopefully next time we'll see you on the track for more than 9 laps.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:

Late to the game but I really want to thank the Lemons community and the Saab guys next to us in Garage 5.  There were multiple times we were stuck in our engine swap and someone happened to walk by and say, "Hey I've got that tool."  Everyone is so full of knowledge and support it's amazing.  Well done everyone.  Hopefully next time we'll see you on the track for more than 9 laps.

This and the food is why I Love Lemons.  When I do not drive and am only crew chief/team captain I literally walk the paddock asking folks what they need.  I know enough of the Midwest teams that if I do not have it, I know who does.  Our engine hoist is the hardest working team member even though in the last 12 races we only used it twice.  My trailer is stocked with a universal windshield replacement (1/2" welded wire mesh) but we have yet to use it...two other teams have.

Lemons community is more important to me than the racing.  Many folks share that view or a version of it.

OnkelUdo wrote:
meyers0150 wrote:

Everyone is so full of knowledge and support it's amazing.

This and the food is why I Love Lemons.  When I do not drive and am only crew chief/team captain I literally walk the paddock asking folks what they need.  I know enough of the Midwest teams that if I do not have it, I know who does.  Our engine hoist is the hardest working team member even though in the last 12 races we only used it twice.  My trailer is stocked with a universal windshield replacement (1/2" welded wire mesh) but we have yet to use it...two other teams have.

Lemons community is more important to me than the racing.  Many folks share that view or a version of it.

Thirded that sentiment. 

We always bring our engine hoist to races- I joked to Phil once that I thought other teams have used it more than we have- even though we've done an engine swap or nine at various races.  I always leave it on the trailer, in plain sight, in case anyone happens to need to borrow it.

I think my poor hoist has lifted more engines in the 15 or so years I've owned it than many do in their lifetimes.  I don't even recall when or where I bought it- Pep Boys, maybe? 

And my welder, too.  If it could talk, oh the stories it would tell...between Lemons and Burning Man...

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
meyers0150 wrote:

Everyone is so full of knowledge and support it's amazing.

Thirded that sentiment. 

We always bring our engine hoist to races- I joked to Phil once that I thought other teams have used it more than we have- even though we've done an engine swap or nine at various races.  I always leave it on the trailer, in plain sight, in case anyone happens to need to borrow it.

I think my poor hoist has lifted more engines in the 15 or so years I've owned it than many do in their lifetimes.  I don't even recall when or where I bought it- Pep Boys, maybe? 

And my welder, too.  If it could talk, oh the stories it would tell...between Lemons and Burning Man...

We stopped bringing our engine hoist because so many other people have them. Our truck is already loaded with spare parts and tools. The car we are towing is usually full of stuff too. It would be tough to fit one in. Knowing we can count on a fellow team to help out is wonderful and makes our lives easier.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Team Fools with Tools loves ❤️  SuperGrover. Hope we didn't get in your way with our crappy attempt at racing this weekend.
Congrats on the win!. B class was awesome for us!  Enjoy the battles, and now upgrades for a faster class.(we are choking on that right now).
Had an amazing weekend,even with 2 head gasket failures and a flat,the bonfire was amazing lol.

Team Fools with Tools loves ❤️  SuperGrover. Hope we didn't get in your way with our crappy attempt at racing this weekend.
Congrats on the win!. B class was awesome for us!  Enjoy the battles, and now upgrades for a faster class.(we are choking on that right now).
Had an amazing weekend,even with 2 head gasket failures and a flat,the bonfire was amazing lol.

What OnkelUdo said! :-)

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Dudefladge wrote:

Someone resurrected a 5 year old thread. A lot of the sentiment is still appropriate but it should really be in a new thread.

chaase wrote:
Dudefladge wrote:

Someone resurrected a 5 year old thread. A lot of the sentiment is still appropriate but it should really be in a new thread.

Forumming is Herd

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

chaase wrote:
Dudefladge wrote:

Forumming is Herd

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.