Topic: Stupid Limeys; Where to rent helmet, overalls, etc?

Hello, a question on behalf of myself and a couple of fellow stupid limeys - where can we rent helmets, overalls, gloves, boots, underwear, sextoys, etc? We already have all that crap, but BA charge $$$ for baggage, and so I think it might be more convenient to rent it 'over there'.

We'll be at NH in October, if anyone can suggest a local-ish place that will rent the kit, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Stupid Limeys; Where to rent helmet, overalls, etc?

Check out RaceSuitRentals

https://racesuitrental.com/

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Rich Duisberg wrote:

Hello, a question on behalf of myself and a couple of fellow stupid limeys - where can we rent helmets, overalls, gloves, boots, underwear, sextoys, etc? We already have all that crap, but BA charge $$$ for baggage, and so I think it might be more convenient to rent it 'over there'.

We'll be at NH in October, if anyone can suggest a local-ish place that will rent the kit, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Wear it all on the plane.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

BigBird wrote:

I rented a helmet through them for the last race, and had a great experience. With that said, they are sort of pricey and require a shipping address so may not be ideal for OP. I like the “wear on the plane” plan…

It's not cheap to rent stuff... i think you'd be better off paying the extra fees or just shipping it to yourself. I'm really liking the wear it on the plane idea... in these woke times, I've seen people wear weirder stuff without judgement.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

BigBird wrote:

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for, prices seem reasonable. I am in contract with them now.

rb92673 wrote:

Wear it all on the plane.

It wouldn't fit over my wetsuit and flippers.

@BigBird - thanks for the info, me and the others will rent from racesuitrental.

I am concerned about the underwear.... is someone going to actually check my underwear? I haven't had another man in my trousers since that "terrible misunderstanding" with the Scout Leader when I was 12.

(Seriously, thanks for the advice, guys).

Rich Duisberg wrote:

@BigBird - thanks for the info, me and the others will rent from racesuitrental.

I am concerned about the underwear.... is someone going to actually check my underwear? I haven't had another man in my trousers since that "terrible misunderstanding" with the Scout Leader when I was 12.

Glad I could help......

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

9 (edited by Lemon_Newton-Metre 2022-09-03 08:51 PM)

Rich Duisberg wrote:

Curious: are you doing the FedEx "Hold for Pickup" arrangement, ex.: at the Walgreens in Concord, NH?

[2nd edit]: I'm only asking ^this to have a reference thread for others who might ask the same question. I could call the vendor, but I personally like customer feedback also.

10 (edited by rb92673 2022-09-05 08:10 PM)

Rich Duisberg wrote:

If the suit is SFI 3.2A/5 or higher you do not need SFI underwear.  You do need SFI socks, and a head sock is a good idea.  I think the kit has everything else.

All the requirements are in section 3.2 of the rules.  Quick read.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon