Topic: New Website Format

I really like the new look of the website. It seems more user friendly this way.

Good job Webmaster!!

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Re: New Website Format

Dudefladge wrote:

I really like the new look of the website. It seems more user friendly this way.

Good job Webmaster!!

Thanks, I'll take all the credit for it! Forum should get reskinned soon, too, but enjoy the legacy look for now.

We tested and proofed it many times, but if you see something that we missed, let us know.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Looks great! One thing: why no obvious link to the forum anymore?

Turbo-Encabulators -- 1999 Mazda Miata -- Winner overall, BFE GP '22, runner-up a bunch of times

therood wrote:

...but if you see something that we missed, let us know.

The rally scoring page is still showing duplicate wording between the Performance and How Butt-Turrible Is It sections but, you know, it's not like anyone has been bringing this to HQ's attention repeatedly ever since, um, 2017...

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … 47#p314947

Oh, and Rule 3.10.11.3.2  is still followed by an entirely different Rule 3.10.11.3.2.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Tech times for Buttonwillow link from event page is not working.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:

Tech times for Buttonwillow link from event page is not working.

Yep, on it. Thanks!

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

7 (edited by rozap_ 2022-09-28 11:24 AM)

Teuobk wrote:

Looks great! One thing: why no obvious link to the forum anymore?

Clearly it's because they're in the process of migrating to a more modern forum software that supports things like native image uploads and a mobile friendly format. Soon, everyone will realize that facebook is a horrible black hole for information, and return back to the forum with open arms, which now offers a superior user experience. They'll be saying things like "Information is logically organized by topic, rather than barfed onto the screen in an incoherent way solely to maximize engagement" and "This version of the internet is so much better, and promotes a much healthier discourse versus a platform that optimizes for outrage" and "I was manipulated all along through sneaky UX to get sucked into a vastly inferior communication tool, I can't believe I had forsaken the forum in the first place". Then the new users will collectively hold hands, sing, and post long build threads about installing a slant 6 in a 5 series. The Lemons community is finally at peace, as one of facebook's tendrils which historically has had such a stranglehold over automotive subculture is vanquished.

BSOD Racing, 1987 Fiat X1/9

rozap_ wrote:

...and return back to the forum with open arms...

Maybe, but I have to assume we've still got people trying to log into the Lemons Yahoo! Group.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally