Re: Completely new guy

https://youtu.be/2H-Cs-fi5tA

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Come on, everybody - play nice.

First, a gentle reminder: this is the "Lemons Newcomers" section, which is supposed to be 'flame free'; but that goes both ways.

Yes, threatening legal action will violate the implied social contract between persons who haven't even yet met in person, but there three main ways to address that:

1. Respond kindly,
2. Kindly not respond, and
3. Respond in kind

The third way all too frequently only exacerbates the issue. But, I understand the frustration.

Second, and _very_important to me: the #77 Cordoba will be back on the track, right (I hope)? I saw it s couple of days ago at an 'auto place'. I hope it's not irreparably broken, but being driven daily!

Third, I'm serious about wanting to see this car at tech, listen, and ask questions about what's in it, how it was prepared, etc.. I'd very much like to learn more about it. But it's in Kansas, so I'll hope it comes east.

Fourth, I truly feel putting that "Unique drivetrain" in this vehicle would be a winning strategy; perhaps not winning enough to get the I.O.E (depends on what else shows up, etc.), but definitely a winning mod for Lemons. And then put the drivetrain currently in this into maybe a 67 Cadillac, and that's a Lemons racecar stable to be admired.

Fifth, hold on - it's time for a fifth already?

Sixth, I think the Viper V10 is a good choice in the Lemons spirit. But the Viper Rolls is epic, and to be nice to anyone contemplating such a swap, I feel I need to disclose "I bought a Rolls Royce and want to build it." (I still think it should be in the "Epic Build" section, but that's only my opinion; I'm a big fan.)

Seventh:

therood wrote:
Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

Put this Unique drivetrain into your 350z and become a winner in everybody's book.

Also, listen to this guy. This guy knows what he's talking about.

Thanks, but I just read and remember what you experienced builders/racers post, and curate for what I think is best Lemons practices. You all amaze me.

But that swap _would_ be a fun thing to see; and I feel would go a long way to rehabilitating this interaction.

Lastly: I almost always recommend Newcomers read what's in this forum. There's 10 years of commentary about the series, building Lemons cars, and the culture of the Lemons community.

I spent free time for a year and a half reading before registering to post a question.

I searched each subheading for interesting topics, and read through them to the end.

I still have questions (or perhaps I need a reminder of what I read earlier - I don't know which), but this forum has been immensely helpful to me.

So, 350z: if you choose to go back and read this forum, you'll see almost innumerable instances of support for people who ask questions here.

That support can still also be yours; but it really requires something in return: reciprocal respect.

The people who have responded to you are the support structure of this community.

They are knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful. They not only "get" the Lemons "spirit and culture" - they are part of it.

They've built this house. They deserve the respect they've earned.

I hope you decide to start over.

Second, and _very_important to me: the #77 Cordoba will be back on the track, right (I hope)? I saw it s couple of days ago at an 'auto place'. I hope it's not irreparably broken, but being driven daily!

Well put Newton-Metre......too much negative energy swirling around ..... Lets get back to peace, love, beer and old Mopar’s ( or brand of your choice)

And....To answer the above question...Yes the Cordoba, like Rocky Balboa, is running around the Philly area training for its next event  - and is signed up for the Hooptiefest in NH

Cordoba

Type44 wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Real professionals drive FIST CAR.

If you’re not FIST, you’re LAST,

Well said.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

First off, you are correct that this is the flame free section of the forum.  But you'll note that it's extremely rare that anyone gets flamed anywhere in the forum.  But in this particularly case there is some validity to it.

1.  The entire ethos of Lemons was Jay coming up with the idea of a race series making fun of people who took racing entirely too seriously and especially making fun of checkbook racers.  The entire reason where the $500 car idea came to be had little to do with the car and everything about being anti-checkbook racing.  This guy is exactly who he was thinking of. This guy's attitude and this car are the polar opposite of what Jay wants in this series.  Granted, that has evolved somewhat over the years and it's been a lot of years but the base ethos is basically unchanged. 

2.  This forum has hundreds of people giving helpful advise.  It's not always good or accurate but people are honestly trying to be helpful.  It's hugely rare that people advise that this may not be the place for the them like is happening here.  Every single bit of help or suggestion to this person has been roundly rejected.

3.  They are proposing what appears to be a $10-15k per seat experience in a $120k IMSA racecar to race against a Pinto with a dildo on the roof.  Maybe I'm out of line here but I'm of the thinking there's a bit of a disconnect.  You would think that if you were seeking that kind of money there might be some sort of racing background and most importantly contact information.

4.  I'm not so sure I want to be around in the extremely unlikely chance this car shows up at a race.  I have significant doubt this could pass tech as originally built, primarily due to lack of OE crush structure.  This was built from new as a full tilt IMSA race car from a road car, not a road car with a cage in it.  There is a big difference.  Pagel does not suffer fools lightly and the attitude displayed here will not fly with the organizers.  This may set a record for fastest wristband snip.

4.  I am more and more convinced that this whole thing is a sham and it's just some 16 year old who competes in a street stock at 88 Speedway having fun with the keyboard.  The baseless legal threats alone point to this.

On this forum and in life in general when 20 people with vastly more experience in the area you know nothing about provide learned advice and you reject each and every bit of it, things usually don't go well for you.  Look back in this thread.  Every bit of advice is met with
dismissal. 

Having said all that, there's nothing preventing someone from actually trying to do this.  Maybe when the time comes that someone in real life attempts something like this the thread here exists to show them that they may find their outcome suboptimal.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

This conversation tracks closely with a someone banned from the OkStupid Facebook page for basically a carbon copy of these two conversations and who bragged that he could bring dozens of entries to Lemons before said bannination. It also vaguely smacks of a Lemons team who was asked not to come back.

Then again: FIST CAR.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Well finally  some people  with some manhood
Unlike the ones that Knows everything  about a car  off 1 pic not showing much and about someone  have no clue about.
If you want to be a trolll please move.

https://media.tenor.com/images/16c387178901a423280e421e9ac1a087/tenor.gif

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

59 (edited by rozap_ 2022-09-29 12:39 PM)

350z wrote:

I'm sorry, I can't, my fiat is broken again.

I'm all for helping new guys (me with my extensive experience at two races) but when there's a proclivity for conservation of ignorance, as well as threats, I prefer to troll. Though I suspect that this entire post is satire and just a really long drawn out theme.

BSOD Racing, 1987 Fiat X1/9

rozap_ wrote:
350z wrote:

I'm sorry, I can't, my fiat is broken again.

I'm all for helping new guys (me with my extensive experience at two races) but when there's a proclivity for conservation of ignorance, as well as threats, I prefer to troll. Though I suspect that this entire post is satire and just a really long drawn out theme.

If this is a long con for a theme, I 100% support this. If they keep this up all weekend as a character and don't win the GMH trophy I will be very upset.

If this is not satire I submit he has to drive the Simca for a stint before the z is allowed on track.

We are going to close these topics.

We prefer to keep things civil here.