Topic: WTB (or rent): Full Communications Kit for Nov. 5 race (Houston, TX)

Howdy! We are a brand new race team and we thought that renting the transponder also included the full comm kit. We are located in College Station and are a group of students based out of A&M competing in the Nov. 5th race. The $700 kit on the Lemons website is out of our budget but we are looking to buy or rent a comm kit. If anyone has any good alternative solutions please let us know.

Check us out!
aggieLemons.com

Re: WTB (or rent): Full Communications Kit for Nov. 5 race (Houston, TX)

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=36642

40+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Put a large wall clock in the car.  Tell the driver when to come in.  Get a giant flag, wave at hot pits if you want the driver to come in earlier.

Radios are not necessary, especially as a new team.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:

Put a large wall clock in the car.  Tell the driver when to come in.  Get a giant flag, wave at hot pits if you want the driver to come in earlier.

Radios are not necessary, especially as a new team.

I couldn't agree with this more.
I have done more than half of my races in Lemons with no radios and have absolutely not missed them. Radios become important if you are trying to WIN. Otherwise, clock, teams directions when to come in. If you are planning on doing hour stints, a 4 dollar kitchen timer works. But splurge and go for the 10 dollar huge ass clock.