Topic: 2023 Lemons Race & Rally Schedules Out Now

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/24HOL_23-Schedule-Release_4.jpg

Details here, then go register now and save your numbers so you can get your fistfights over numbers 69, 420, and 1 all in before the New Year.

Official complains and whining thread below.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: 2023 Lemons Race & Rally Schedules Out Now

I am seething with pent-up mild acceptance of the fact that overall the race and rally schedules look fairly reasonable.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Why you no race at my local dirt circle?

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Huskar wrote:

Why you no race at my local dirt circle?

If there was a dirt road course, I'd be in. Oh wait, I think that's called Rallye!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

No Arizona race again this year! That blows.....
Guess we'll have to save up some additional fuel funds to get our junk to a race in Cali or maybe just one of the Colo races.

Will

Does10s wrote:

Guess we'll have to save up some additional fuel funds to get our junk to a race in Cali or maybe just one of the Colo races.

Will

Last year when the list came out it was mentioned that Inde significantly increased their rates.  Combine that with just 35 teams there in 2019 and it being hours from anywhere and I can see why it is not on the schedule.  Too bad, I liked that race.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Substitute AK Rally for CA Rally, huh? Lots of $500 crap cans on Craigslist Anchorage. Fly in, buy a car, fix it, rally it, fix it, rally some more, drop it off at the Pick-n-Pull, fly home. Could be fun?!?

—bb

No serious complaints here, I just wish we could get an Ohio race @ MidOhio or @ Nelson Ledges again.

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

phyveaux wrote:

No serious complaints here, I just wish we could get an Ohio race @ MidOhio or @ Nelson Ledges again.

I'd LOVE a Mid-O date!

As much as I enjoy track days at Nelson, I'm not sure I have the cahones to race there.

#330 Rubber City Racing
#688 SHOuth of the Border

Another 24 at HPR!  Woo hoo!

After participating in three 24 hour races in a row I can honestly say I'm looking forward to the next one.  I think we have the formula down to maximize sleep for our team (assuming we can keep the car from breaking).  Gonna be awesome!

I do wish Heartland could be a thing again.  We went the one time there was a race there and it was pretty great, sans the near constant downpour.  Cool facilities and track.

11 (edited by Camper Van Someren 2022-10-14 08:11 AM)

rb92673 wrote:
Does10s wrote:

Will

Last year when the list came out it was mentioned that Inde significantly increased their rates.  Combine that with just 35 teams there in 2019 and it being hours from anywhere and I can see why it is not on the schedule.  Too bad, I liked that race.

Yeah, I’m sure part of the low car count at Inde was the location 3h from Phoenix with no hotels nearby. Sad cause we’re based in AZ and it’s a great track.

There is a new track called Attesa between Phoenix and Tucson. Despite being a private “country club” place, the owners seem cool and are hosting NASA and ProAutoSports. Fingers crossed Lemons can work out a deal next year. Phoenix and Tucson have 6 million people between them so there should be a market if they can find the right venue… An AZ race would probably also help lower the car counts at the crowded California races.

Camper Van Someren wrote:
rb92673 wrote:
Does10s wrote:

Will

Yeah, I’m sure part of the low car count at Inde was the location 3h from Phoenix with no hotels nearby. Sad cause we’re based in AZ and it’s a great track.

There is a new track called Attesa between Phoenix and Tucson. Despite being a private “country club” place, the owners seem cool and are hosting NASA and ProAutoSports. Fingers crossed Lemons can work out a deal next year. Phoenix and Tucson have 6 million people between them so there should be a market if they can find the right venue… An AZ race would probably also help lower the car counts at the crowded California races.

As mentioned in another thread—probably last year's schedule thread, actually—we are aware of the new country club track there. We probably won't get around to checking rates until next year while also generally figuring out if they have a clue (never a given for a new facility). I'll be honest with you: The rental total will have to be pretty favorable for us to consider it. That said, even 1-2 hours closer to SoCal is a help for car counts. Willcox is really and truly BFE.

And just to tease y'all Forum devotees, we do have another (non-Arizona) date in the works that may very well be a late addition. No promises, but it's supposed to be a really fun place to drive.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

And just to tease y'all Forum devotees, we do have another (non-Arizona) date in the works that may very well be a late addition. No promises, but it's supposed to be a really fun place to drive.

Chuckwalla?

billy bee wrote:
therood wrote:

Chuckwalla?

Sandia?

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:
billy bee wrote:
therood wrote:

Chuckwalla?

Sandia?

It's clearly the Las Vegas GP circuit.

1999 Chevy Blazer

None of the above.

Gene Haas hasn't returned our phone calls.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

None of the above.

But he will take William Storey and Mazipins calls, damn that hurts.  I would have loved to see a yellow and green 24 HOL Haas flying into the barriers at Monaco.  GP2 engine? shit that's an iron duke

1999 Chevy Blazer

therood wrote:

None of the above.

I can get you Joe Custer's.

The shop boys at SHR built a racing station wagon a few years ago that they ran in Chump.  Joe made them sell it.  Seems like it was the year that Harvick won the championship and they felt the shop guys shouldn't be jacking around with a side project.  If *might* be the same wagon that the Chump people used to give rides in.

FWIW, Chuckwalla did vastly expand the paddock asphalt, added garages and permanent cabins that they rent out.  Jus saying.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

...Chuckwalla did vastly expand the paddock asphalt, added garages and permanent cabins...

Have they also added paddock lighting so that it's less likely some random idiot will trip over a safety cone at night and suffer a triquetral fracture in their left wrist? Asking for a friend...

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I’d say it’s fairly dark at Chuckwalla, might want to keep vigilant about those cones. Speaking of paddocks, it looks like the surprise added race is Hallett. About the only thing I know about that track (apart from it being too far away for us) is that the paddock is entirely in the infield, which was, I thought, not doable for Lemons, How’s THAT gonna work?

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Type44 wrote:

...the paddock is entirely in the infield, which was, I thought, not doable for Lemons, How’s THAT gonna work?

I wondered that, too. From the air photos it looks like there's a narrow gravel (?) road heading west off the main entrance way that goes to an underpass under the track.

mharrell wrote:
Type44 wrote:

...the paddock is entirely in the infield, which was, I thought, not doable for Lemons, How’s THAT gonna work?

I wondered that, too. From the air photos it looks like there's a narrow gravel (?) road heading west off the main entrance way that goes to an underpass under the track.

They added a tunnel last year which I think was the only thing keeping Lemons from there in the past.  Incredibly excited for this race, with the exception of it being the same weekend as the Rocky Mountain rally

1999 Chevy Blazer