Topic: NH Friday track practice

I called the track
Pay at the track when you enter (no early sign up online)
$150 for car, $50 per driver (I forgot to ask if the initial $150 includes the first driver....)
Usually the times are 9-12 and 1-5pm

they said $25 for camping also....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Re: NH Friday track practice

FYI- My camper rental person called me today in a panic.  She has 7 campers rented for this event and the track won't let her in to set up the campers as they have in the past.  Mary from the track says that not a single one of the 7 teams/people are registered for the race, so no campers can come in???  I have no idea why it's working different this year.  But I will be calling Mary tomorrow to find out what's going on.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

squidrope wrote:

I have no idea why it's working different this year.

New track management team this year, don't frankly know much about it myself. If you don't get anywhere with them, email Kim and Nick. Their addresses are on the Contact page above.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

update:

I was in touch with Mary, very nice and responsive via email, and let me sign up via email (but still pay at the track)
I'm sure she won't mind:
Her email is:

MDufresne@nhms.com

She needed

Car: year, make, model
Number
Color
Team name
Name of each driver

They will open the gates on Thursday 3pm.

her email:
It is $150 for first driver, $50 for additional driver and $10 non driver spectator.
$25 for camping
You can come anytime on Thursday to pay but can’t go in until 3PM.  Mary

I'm not sure about the camping/camper delivery situation
A team member of ours also got a camper for us....

Do you need to prepay the $25 so the camper can get delivered?
Can the camper be delivered before 3pm Thursday?
Does a camper parked in front of our garage considered "camping", and costs $25?

I can check with her...

I asked:
We are renting a camper for the weekend that needs to be delivered Thursday....

Does a camper parked in front of our garage considered "camping", and costs $25?
or is it just for campers parked on grass area? with water or electricity hook ups?
Do you need to prepay the $25 so the camper can get delivered?
Can the camper be delivered before 3pm Thursday?

She replied:
It is easier if they purchase camping ahead of time so we can put you in a spot with water and electric. This way we have a spot number to send campers to.  This camping is in fenced area as you come out of tunnel on left.  I am still trying to find out when campers can be brought. I have a rental company calling me with 7 campers that are rentals so I would need names and have them reserve and pay for spot in advance. It is $25 per night.  There are very little access to electricity for campers by garages. Mary

this is all so typical
Last minute Lemony.....!!!

This is not too different from years past. NHMS has always handled the camping costs, in fact Lemons has refunded that fee in the past when they collected it by accident. The fee gets you power and water hookups basically. I believe you can just park a camper by your garage and be fine, but they're correct that there aren't really hookups there, and dragging an extension cord across the parking lot from the garage isn't smiled at. If you're in the fenced area using power and/or water you need a tag from them to show you paid for hookups.

It sounds like they may be assigning camping spots this time? Which is a change from previous years.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

This is not too different from years past. NHMS has always handled the camping costs, in fact Lemons has refunded that fee in the past when they collected it by accident. The fee gets you power and water hookups basically. I believe you can just park a camper by your garage and be fine, but they're correct that there aren't really hookups there, and dragging an extension cord across the parking lot from the garage isn't smiled at. If you're in the fenced area using power and/or water you need a tag from them to show you paid for hookups.

It sounds like they may be assigning camping spots this time? Which is a change from previous years.

It really is very different from years past.   I've parked at the garages that I've payed for in the past whilst staying in my garage area and have hung a piece of paper saying that I payed for camping without water and I was ok with that.   This is new and I've been told that you cannot park near the garages (hell i'd bring a gen and need no hook-ups).  Thanks for guessing.

squidrope wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

It really is very different from years past.   I've parked at the garages that I've payed for in the past whilst staying in my garage area and have hung a piece of paper saying that I payed for camping without water and I was ok with that.   This is new and I've been told that you cannot park near the garages (hell i'd bring a gen and need no hook-ups).  Thanks for guessing.

Chill man. I'm going off the scattered info actual posted in the thread, and the info shared doesn't sound much different from years past. If you know something new then I'm fine saying I am wrong, but it wasn't shared here. Until this post nothing mentioned a new rule that you can't park by the garages. The email from mary shared a few posts up just says there is limited electric near the garages, not that you can't be there.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

squidrope wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

They really did long ago. In recent 5 years, they only concerned with camping pass if you are hooking up. Otherwise, they saw my RV as I pulled in, and just let me go. No hassle while on track either. This year is a bit different though, like its their first time doing it. Maybe old management retired/quite?

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

Appears I was wrong in my interpretation then, so apologies. The details shared didn't sound too far off what they had done in the past. Didn't mean to muddy things further.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

***NEWS FLASH*** I received a voicemail from Mary saying that we would be allowed to park the camper in our garage parking area.  Thanks to everyone/anyone that helped get this resolved!  WOOT!!!

kakarot1232001 wrote:
squidrope wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

They really did long ago. In recent 5 years, they only concerned with camping pass if you are hooking up. Otherwise, they saw my RV as I pulled in, and just let me go. No hassle while on track either. This year is a bit different though, like its their first time doing it. Maybe old management retired/quite?

There is new track management...

So...question...

Does anyone know if  we are allowed to set up a pit area in the parking area outside the garage?

1991 VW Jetta #38 - cuz Whoopie Pie!

dungeonracer wrote:

So...question...

Does anyone know if  we are allowed to set up a pit area in the parking area outside the garage?

If you have the garage also, than I think yes.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),