Topic: Thanks for adding Lemons Hallettosis 2023

I am excited that they announced the addition of Hallett on next years schedule. This is my hometown track and our team is stoked. We love racing in Lemons, it is the most fun I have had in my life, but the closest races 10 hours travel. This is a real hardship for the team (work, families, limited budget). We only did one race last year, and none this year because of the time and expense. The Kansas race a couple of years ago was awesome, but for reasons they are not going back. I am still hoping it gets added in the future. So anyone planning on running at Hallett in 2023?

Re: Thanks for adding Lemons Hallettosis 2023

Looks cool, wish I could go. a bit far for me sad

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

We are planning on being there.  We were at the Topeka race too.  Big plus for another central state race!

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

We're hoping to come out with one and possibly two cars.  Super excited and really want to support the event!

Max wrote:

We're hoping to come out with one and possibly two cars.  Super excited and really want to support the event!

Have you heard of many other Colorado teams planning to make the trip?  The Rocky Mountain rally is that weekend too.  I don't know how many racers do the rally too but it sucks they are the same time.

1999 Chevy Blazer

Huskar wrote:
Max wrote:

Have you heard of many other Colorado teams planning to make the trip?  The Rocky Mountain rally is that weekend too.  I don't know how many racers do the rally too but it sucks they are the same time.

I have not heard from other Colorado teams but I hope more than a couple make the trip.  I didn't realize the rally was that weekend too.  I don't know how much crossover there is but it's definitely too bad the two things step on each other's toes.

The short version of Hallett is that we hope it draws teams from Dallas (second biggest non-coastal metro) and also scoops up the various middle-of-country teams we have. If we can do that, it should have sustaining numbers.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Everything is far from here! Hmmm, I was not aware that Hallett is only about 2 hours further away from my house than Sonoma. Sears Point, Thunderhill, and HPR are all about the same distance from Phoenix. This may be another track we try at least once. But it took me a decade of pestering to get my team to Thunderhill, so I’m not that confident

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

We're hoping Hallet makes it to 2024, we're too busy this year for more than the 2 races at HPR.

Hoping to drag #501 to Oklahoma to besmirch a new track.

Any decision yet about whether Hallett will be run CCW versus CW? Or maybe one day CCW, the next day CW?

Not that I would be practicing on the sim or anything. Definitely not.

Turbo-Encabulators -- 1999 Mazda Miata -- Winner overall, BFE GP '22, runner-up a bunch of times

Wetbed0 wrote:

We're hoping Hallet makes it to 2024, we're too busy this year for more than the 2 races at HPR.

We're hoping for 2024, too. Most of our team is already maxxed out for budget and time off for this year.

Teuobk wrote:

Any decision yet about whether Hallett will be run CCW versus CW? Or maybe one day CCW, the next day CW?

Not that I would be practicing on the sim or anything. Definitely not.

I don't think that's decided yet. We're still working on logistics for the Thunderhill race in a month; probably will iron out Hallett details after that.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

14 (edited by vwoska 2023-03-24 03:39 PM)

Any update on the run direction for this race? Not that it matters, since we’re going to dominate in either direction, but nice to know in advance.

Vince Woska
Dunning Kruzers

vwoska wrote:

Any update on the run direction for this race? Not that it matters, since we’re going to dominate in either direction, but nice to know in advance.

Vince Woska
Dunning Kruzers

Waiting to hear from our will-be race director on it, but the current likelihood is that we'll run it counter-clockwise (sequentially as numbered on most maps).

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

vwoska wrote:

since we’re going to dominate in either direction, but nice to know in advance.

Hold on there vwoska, I do believe we are going to be doing the dominating this race tongue

Tolly
CEL Racing

I can guarantee there will be no domination from our team.

1999 Chevy Blazer

FYSA

Hello Hallett family, patrons, and friends - unfortunately the exit ramp for Hwy 412W to our racetrack will be CLOSED starting April 17th for a construction project.....however, the exit off Hwy 412E will NOT be closed.
Oklahoma Turnpike Authority has notified Hallett Motor Racing Circuit that on April 17th, the Cimarron Turnpike (Hwy 412 West) Exit #48 traveling from Tulsa will be CLOSED for an estimated time of 1 month. They will have a detour sign posted at the prior exit for Cleveland Hwy 48 (Detour option 2). See maps below of recommended detour options.

If using Hwy 412 West to get to HMRC, we recommend driving through Mannford or Cleveland by using Detour Routes 1 or 2 to HMRC. Detour Routes 1 & 2 both will both add approximately 10-15 minutes to the travel time.

Detour route 1 - exit Keystone Dam Hwy 151

Detour route 2 - exit Cleveland Hwy 48N

Detour route 3 - U-turn at Hwy 18

If a driver traveling west misses Detour Routes 1 or 2, they should use Detour Route 3 that will go past HMRC another 10 miles to Hwy 18 and then make a u-turn back onto the turnpike going East on Hwy 412. This will add approximately 20 minutes to the travel time instead of 10-15 minutes. Also, if using Detour Route 3, feel free to wave to your friends as you pass the track. ??

We apologize for the inconvenience, but hope that the temporary construction will result in long-term transportation ease and make HMRC an even better place to attend.  If you have any questions, please contact us at 918-356-4814 or reply to this email.

Any locals have advice for a weekend at the track?

Best place to get fuel, will bugs (or any other living thing) be an issue at this time of year, are we allowed out on track when it is cold (bikes allowed)?

1999 Chevy Blazer

Huskar wrote:

Best place to get fuel, will bugs (or any other living thing) be an issue at this time of year, are we allowed out on track when it is cold (bikes allowed)?

There is fuel sale at the track or a station in Jennings (10 mins away). May be some in hallet, but I never go that direction. Bugs shouldn't be bad yet, but the race is right in the Spring storm season. So prepare for high winds, torrential rain, or sunny and calm. It may be 90° or 40°. Oklahoma be a weather gamble. The track is fairly chill when cold (pun intended) walking and non-motorized rides should be fine. I have done many laps on bicycle in the evenings. Hallett has made a lot of improvements this last year, actually have AC in the bathrooms now, woohoo). The paddock is not the easiest layout with most of the setup areas are bit from the hot pits. You can go and park just about anywhere within the fenceline. Expect a decent walk to the hot pits from your setup.
Bring what you need for the weekend, the closest store is a Dollar General in Jennings. Closest auto parts, walmart, or restaurant is Cleveland (about 20 mins away).
Look forward to seeing you at the track, have fun.

Importantly, the nearest good beer/liquor stores are either in Stillwater or Sand Springs, both half an hour away.

EriktheAwful wrote:

Importantly, the nearest good beer/liquor stores are either in Stillwater or Sand Springs, both half an hour away.

So what you're saying is, bring more than enough alcohol to make it through the weekend.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

Huskar wrote:

Getting fuel in Jennings has always been a bit of a pain, I'd bring fuel jugs and would suggest Cleveland as a better option. I'm near Tulsa and always bought my gas at the QT on 412 in Sand Springs but the highway exit closure makes that a touch less appealing. We've had some early rain and it looks like it'll warm up so I'd expect some mosquitoes. Look forward to seeing everyone out there.