Re: Lemons Wish List - Everything Eric Has On a List

Klayfish wrote:

I see the Chevy Spectrum on the list.  Has the Chevy Sprint ever been done?  How about Chevy Nova circa '86-'88, especially the twin cam?

There was a Sprint at Texas World Speedway and I think we had a FWD Nova in the early days of Lemons.

fitsbain wrote:

CIMARRON!
t has been on my list since the very first day I made a list. I wonder how many of those were on that Cash For Clunkers list that showed up the other day. I should look.

I thought Florida Man did one??

The Cimarron has trophied in a Lemons Rally and at Concours d'Lemons. It's supposed to be getting the race car treatment, but it's almost too nice? Still, would be one of 2 (?) cars to trophy in all three Lemons events.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Still, would be one of 2 (?) cars to trophy in all three Lemons events.

On the off chance you're thinking of my SAAB, I'll point out that although my racing 96 has race and rally trophies, it was instead my towing 96 that took a Cd'L trophy. I've since stripped and scrapped the tow car after realizing it had reached a condition that even I found to be too sketchy, so clearly the only remaining solution is to enter the race car in a show and hope for a favorable(?) outcome.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I see "Chevy Tracker" on this list but no "Geo Tracker" or "Suzuki Sidekick" or "Suzuki Vitara."

As these are all effectively, more or less, with some obscure differences, the same car, I was wondering if they are all sort of on the wish list. Asking for a friend. (This is y'all's cue to post a bunch of deep cut links to Suzuki Sidekicks running Lemons that I was not able to find on the internet).

cg allen wrote:

I see "Chevy Tracker" on this list but no "Geo Tracker" or "Suzuki Sidekick" or "Suzuki Vitara."

As these are all effectively, more or less, with some obscure differences, the same car, I was wondering if they are all sort of on the wish list. Asking for a friend. (This is y'all's cue to post a bunch of deep cut links to Suzuki Sidekicks running Lemons that I was not able to find on the internet).

https://www.bizavadvisor.com/wp-content/uploads/magic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes-640x404.jpg

That guy

30 (edited by billy bee 2022-11-22 07:22 PM)

therood wrote:

Still, would be one of 2 (?) cars to trophy in all three Lemons events.

The Kim Jong Elantra got a trophy at Concour d'Lemons a few years back (Best Asian entry, maybe), took 3rd in the CA Rally last year, and has won in class at Sonoma (twice). So, are we counted as one of the 2 (?) cars to trophy in all three Lemons events?

--Bill

In the interest of furthering progress on this list, I am reluctantly willing to pass on the Merkur Scorpio to some other aspiring race team (aka unsuspecting fools)…

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Hmmmmm.  I have access to a Lincoln MK VI and a Chrysler Fifth Avenue...  But would probably be drawn and quartered by my Grandmother.

Has there been a Subaru XT yet? Asking for a friend.

That guy

DirtyDuc wrote:

Yes. Do it anyway.
https://24hoursoflemons.com/blog/racing … o-running/

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:

Yes. Do it anyway.
https://24hoursoflemons.com/blog/racing … o-running/

What he said.

That XT's engine might have been a straight WRX swap the last time they ran it. I don't fully remember the technical details, but it lapped the field from Class C in the opening hour of the 2016 race at Autobahn. And then...

https://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LILF16/495-DSC_9581.jpg

Lemons in a nutshell:

https://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LILF16/472-DSC_9523.jpg

Still...do it anyway.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

No love for more 411s, I see how it goes. tongue

37 (edited by Stan in Bham 2023-02-01 08:47 PM)

After stumbling across a sure-fire IOE contender on Facebook Marketplace earlier today, I noticed that Yugos are missing from the list.  Has one been run?  Not that I need another project, or have time to prep another car, or have room in the driveway for another crappy racecar.

(Edit)   Never mind, looks like one ran back in 2008.  Whew, dodged that bullet.

Stan in Bham wrote:

After stumbling across a sure-fire IOE contender on Facebook Marketplace earlier today, I noticed that Yugos are missing from the list.  Has one been run?  Not that I need another project, or have time to prep another car, or have room in the driveway for another crappy racecar.

(Edit)   Never mind, looks like one ran back in 2008.  Whew, dodged that bullet.

There have been a few.  They are actually pretty fun to drive.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

We've had two Yugos that have raced Lemons and at least three different ones on Lemons Rallies. They're always going to be an IOE contender and we will never give a crap what you pay for a Yugo.

The very first one (2008) didn't get very far.

Laps Completed: Zero.

Outcome:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--BhbpFJ8c--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_900,q_80,w_1600/18nczb5ry7izijpg.jpg

(Driver was fine)

Spank's GV ran a handful of races, won IOE, and was never the outright slowest car at any race it was in. This is a ringing endorsement. Build Yugo, dominate.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Did I miss an Alero appearance? Or is it still a thing to be first?

That guy

I have a lead on a free merkur scorpio if anyone is interested.

Willing to share all the merkur issues we would suggest working on to make it IOE worthy.

Not able to handle myself due to storage space.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

DirtyDuc wrote:

Did I miss an Alero appearance? Or is it still a thing to be first?

Alero still on the list, yeah. There are SO MANY FWD GM vehicles you can run as a first still.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Hope to scratch a couple off in Barber Feb. 2024. aka IOE Addict

Picked up a 1990 Infiniti M30 this weekend, expect it to make its race debut next season.

https://www.facebook.com/AltimateWarrior

NISMorons - 2002 Nissan Altima, VQ35de, 6-speed // 1990 Infiniti M30
https://www.facebook.com/AltimateWarrior/

This is good news.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com