Topic: How does one with no experiance get in

How does a complete newbie get in especially if I don't personally know anyone crazy enough to do Lemons with me? I have limited knowledge of working on cars. I can do the maintenance on my daily driver but i know thats no where close to the what i'd have to do on Lemons cars but I definitely am capable and wanting to learn. I've just never had the means to really be able to tinker with cars growing up and only now am I in a position to this sort of stuff. My only racing experience I have as well is on iRacing and thats been about a year and half ish or so.

So where would I start. I'm assuming it would be finding a team to help out in the pits to learn and maybe trust a newbie to not completely destroy their car

2 (edited by chaase 2022-12-06 12:27 PM)

Re: How does one with no experiance get in

You need to hook up with a local team. It would help if you told people where you live. We started running a rookie car at NJMP last year to help random people get involved.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

If you're in the Bay Area.  You can come be a team member on the CYBERFUKD team.  We've done this with others, one of whom just purchased his own car.

It would be a while before we let you drive the car, and it would be at a test session, if we felt comfortable.

4 (edited by jeffreyfreet 2022-12-06 03:19 PM)

Bricoop wrote:

If you're in the Bay Area.  You can come be a team member on the CYBERFUKD team.  We've done this with others, one of whom just purchased his own car.

It would be a while before we let you drive the car, and it would be at a test session, if we felt comfortable.

Just realized I forgot to mention that, but funny enough I'm just outside of Sacramento in the Vacaville area so not super far. But yea I totally wouldn't expect to get to drive right away. I'm in this for the whole experience from learning to work on cars to driving as well.

Plan to come to Thunderhill in February and May, if you're available.  I'll reach out beforehand.  Looking forward to having you.  You can find more of our stupidity here:  https://www.instagram.com/cyberfukd/

Bricoop wrote:

Plan to come to Thunderhill in February and May, if you're available.  I'll reach out beforehand.  Looking forward to having you.  You can find more of our stupidity here:  https://www.instagram.com/cyberfukd/

I just looked you guys up and saw Lemons eveen featured you in a video. Thats cool as hell. and yea I'll definitely see if I can swing it, I was already kinda thinking on going regardless just to see Lemons.

Reach out to me on Instagram and we’ll coordinate in the new year. Looking forward to having you.

-Brian
CYBERFUKD

Bricoop wrote:

Reach out to me on Instagram and we’ll coordinate in the new year. Looking forward to having you.

-Brian
CYBERFUKD

Was totally planning on coming out for Thunderhill but life got in the way. I'll be out of town for the second one to so we'll have to figure something out. I did shoot you a message on instagram to.