Topic: Roll Cage Builder in New Hampshire or Massachusetts?

We have a stripped 1994 Honda Accord we are planning to run with Lemons here in the North East this year.

We are looking for a cage builder who passed Lemons tech in our area. Please share who you have used. If you are a cage builder yourself, even better, we want to chat with you!

Thanks all, we can't wait to join the fray!

Re: Roll Cage Builder in New Hampshire or Massachusetts?

My teammate did our cage on the Merkurian Falcon 11 years ago with a borrowed bender that was crudely affixed to a trailer hitch. It wasn't perfectly symmetrical, but the welding was decent. It did help that my teammate had welded a few rally car cages and built bumpers, nerf bars, and front clips for NASCAR modified cars as well.

Jay did tech for us at our first event and his comment was "Wow, a first time team that actually read the rule book!"

With the cost of tubing these days, you may want to see if there's a kit from Roll Cage Components for your Honda.

Scroll waaaaaaaaaaaaay down:

https://lemonsfiasco.wordpress.com/

I've made this offer a few times and never been taken up on it. But depending on where you are in the NH/MA area, I've built two cages, first one was from scratch and passed first try, second was a kit for a car that's still sitting in my driveway, but the cage is done. I would be willing to help weld in a kit if you don't find any other options. You would need to be able to get the car and kit to Nashua for a weekend. With your team doing the final notching and fitting and helping get it done we can build the cage in a weekend.

The easiest answer really is buying a kit. Roll Cage Components does good work. If they don't have a kit already measured for your car they do a good job documenting how to measure so they can make you a kit. Any questions you can ask them or ask here and you'll get help.

Be very careful with circle track cage builders. They build cages that often do not pass Lemons tech. If you go to one of them bring a copy of the rules, and the how not to fail tech PDF, and then go through it with them to make sure they understand.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

fiasco wrote:

[snip] With the cost of tubing these days, you may want to see if there's a kit from Roll Cage Components for your Honda.

Scroll waaaaaaaaaaaaay down:

TOO MANY "OLDER POSTS" CLICKS
(I never got to / found the cage)

From their website:

////////

24 Hours of Lemons Roll Cages
Measurement Sheet
Measurement Photos
Please Call or Email for Questions
Phone - 804-419-3403
Email : rollcagecomponents@gmail.com

Roll Cages are Made to Order
Due to the Volume of Roll Cages Ordered
Lead Times may Vary
Call or Email for a Estimated Completion & Delivery
If you need a Roll Cage made By a Specific Time Please Contact Us Directly

////////

S&W Performance Group is right down the road from me; their pre-measured Road Race Cages are meant for use with the stock interior, but they'll do custom fit also.

I have used Chris Howard twice.  He definitely knows the Lemons rules and has built many Lemons and other cages
He is in Holliston, Mass. 508 429 6717  I think he is still doing this, but he might be nearing retirement...
For my stripped Lemons car, he charged $2300 as I recall, a few years back...
works out of his garage, nothing fancy
He also cut, welded etc. the floor so I could put the seat on rails on the floor to fit in...

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Is northeast PA too far away? If not, message me to discuss. I just finished up a Caterham cage and have 2 weeks until the next cage job is booked into the shop. I can take a car in the end of this week and turn it around in 7-10 days.