Topic: Lemons team in ABQ willing to help fellow crapcan racer?

I am hoping a Lemons team might be able to help out another Lemons racer, even if it's not with a Lemons-racing-related thing. I need a little help with some work on a trailer in ABQ. It's actually a boat trailer...with a big a$$ sailboat on it (Corsair F32AX.) A Lemons team with an outside  work area where I could check bearings/brakes and install new tires would be really helpful. Probably have to do a little work on the bunks, too. I'll have most of my own tools but maybe could benefit from borrowing a tool here and there. But I should be fine.

Anybody there in Albuquerque? I have some friends in Sante Fe and a good friend in ABQ, but none of them really have the space to get this done.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Lemons team in ABQ willing to help fellow crapcan racer?

Honestly the cage is the hardest part on a race car and the best thing to farm out. Find someone to make the cage, tow it there, have them do the hard part, everything else can be done inside of a one car garage, or since you live out in the desert, your backyard or driveway.

I think its been a few years since Lemons ran in AZ, but I know there are teams in the surrounding areas. Good luck with the hunt.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

3 (edited by BigBird 2023-02-22 10:58 AM)

What the fuck are you doing with a big a$$ sailboat in the middle of the desert???!!!

Edit: I sent you an email.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:

What the fuck are you doing with a big a$$ sailboat in the middle of the desert???!!!

I am trying to liberate the boat from its desert confines. I am doing it a favor.

Replied to your email. Thanks for reaching out.

--bb