Topic: Looking for a space to work on cars

My son has inherited the car bug and has it even worse than me. He has a '91 Volvo Wagon; a '98 Mustang with a lift kit, off road tires and a welded diff (for Gambler); and the other day he and some similarly foolish friends bought a '69 Sedan DeVille that he wants to fix up for cool cruisin'..  He has way more need for working space and time than I can support in with my 1 car garage that typically houses my Lemons car.

Seems people typically won't rent garages where they will allow you to work on the cars.

Does anyone have any creative ideas for spaces for working on cars? He is willing to pay rent. He needs a flat paved space, inside or not where he could jack up a car and work on it.

Re: Looking for a space to work on cars

How close are you to farms in your area? Farms usually have dudes interested in cars, lots of storage space to spare.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Located near San Diego, by chance?

The farm idea isn't terrible. Farms close to me tend to be vinyards and way too upmarket for a 69 sedan deville on jack stands. But I will suggest it to my son. Not near San Diego, SF Bay area, east bay, near vallejo.

I'm in Esparto, out in farmland, and I have space.