Re: Yokohama Days of T'hill 2023 - Entry List & Tech Times

rb92673 wrote:
Wendell34 wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

dang....they like their Miata's out there....I counted at least 17? 
Looks like they are all the NA version, except for one NB
must be a record showing...!
If they are all in Class A, one of them has got to win...?? statistically?
any bets?

A BMW will win this race. I am trying to remember the last non-eyesore Miata win in CA. I think it has been a while. There are about 10 crazy fast cars in this field.

Looks like since 2021 Eyesore won two races in CA, there was one VW Corrado win and all the rest were BMWs.  Maybe they should bring back the waitlist.

Wait....A Subaru won at The Ridge in 2022

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

chdonley2 wrote:
rb92673 wrote:
Wendell34 wrote:

A BMW will win this race. I am trying to remember the last non-eyesore Miata win in CA. I think it has been a while. There are about 10 crazy fast cars in this field.

Looks like since 2021 Eyesore won two races in CA, there was one VW Corrado win and all the rest were BMWs.  Maybe they should bring back the waitlist.

Wait....A Subaru won at The Ridge in 2022

Is the Ridge in CA?  I guess it's almost in CAnada. ;-)

Congrats on that by the way.  When are we going to get a Winner on Laps in the Avanti?

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

BoKu wrote:
Wendell34 wrote:

You were saying?

I couldn't be more happy to be incorrect. Especially with it being Tired Iron. Those guys are awesome. And the BMW team that was chasing them down, going 20-30 seconds a lap faster, isn't as awesome.

Type44 wrote:
BoKu wrote:
Wendell34 wrote:

You were saying?

Took the words outta my mouth, Bob. Good to see you on here and at Thunderhlll.

And I couldn't be more happy to be wrong especially since it was the Tired Iron guys that made me wrong. They are great and deserved a win for a long time. But a win in CA is so hard when Cerveza and Eyesore were eating up all the wins.
That mountain of cheat BMW that was chasing them down 20 to 30 seconds a lap faster was just waiting for that moment of bad luck that has stung Tired Iron about 20 times before.
So glad it didn't happen.