Topic: Guaranteed to start a crapstorm.

In my wanderings about teh int3rweb, I ran across some folk who take the People's Curse as something of an insult; i.e the wanton destruction of a cheater's car. Seems to aggravate them for some reason. neutral Something about the crushing of a perfectly good (?) car. (Me, I LIKE wanton destruction- in its place. I get a kick out of the Curse crushing! big_smile )

Anyway, the following idea was floated: instead of crushing the Cursemobile, it is given to the team whose car puked first on Saturday and they are allowed to run the rest of the race with it while the Curse-d team watches and impotently shakes their fists.

Whaddya think?

(ducks rain of rocks and broken bottles)

Philosophy of life: old age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth, enthusiasm and cash. General smartass know it all beer swilling ne'er do well. Avoid eye contact with this person, best avoided completely. 2008 Animal House Racing CMP 'Most Likely To Leave In An Ambulance' 2009 Blind Rodent Racing CMP 2010 Team Galileo CMP 2011 Roundhouse Kick Racing CMP 2012 Road Kill Grill Racing CMP (x2)

Re: Guaranteed to start a crapstorm.

Brilliant!

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

love the idea...

E30's should all go up in flames...

No thanks.  I'm not jumping into any race car unless I know EXACTLY how those brakes are maintained.

Team Formula BMW
#23 Pink Pig

Better than work thrown in a landfill.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

6 (edited by bongle 2009-06-10 06:58 PM)

This has been suggested before.  It is a liability nightmare, because if someone from the first-out team gets hurt in the cursed team's car, that opens all kinds of unpleasant legal possibilities.

I like the curse as it is.  If you're racing a car, it is likely to get destroyed anyway in an accident or when its engine blows up, so destroying one more car in a race where half the field is undriveable by the end isn't that bad.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

No no no no no

and NO

Taking out the Curse is taking out the essence of what makes Lemons the overall spectacle it is.  don't rip out its liver....

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I have no problem with the curse or crushing cars, but I think it would be fun to have an alternate non-crushing curse penalty if the voting doesn't show a clear favorite.  Simply remove all the lugnuts from the cursed vehicle and paint them a non-standard color.  Then pass them out randomly to the teams.  Without the perps knowing who has them, they must beg, plead, and show true remorse to each team in order to try to get them all back.  If they are truely A-holes, they might only get a few back.  They can't return to the race until they have a full set.  It might take some appologies or they might spend their whole Sunday on their knees.  The paint on the lugnuts keeps them from using spares they got out of their hauler.

Whadda ya think?

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

I have no problem with the curse or crushing cars, but I think it would be fun to have an alternate non-crushing curse penalty if the voting doesn't show a clear favorite.  Simply remove all the lugnuts from the cursed vehicle and paint them a non-standard color.  Then pass them out randomly to the teams.  Without the perps knowing who has them, they must beg, plead, and show true remorse to each team in order to try to get them all back.  If they are truely A-holes, they might only get a few back.  They can't return to the race until they have a full set.  It might take some appologies or they might spend their whole Sunday on their knees.  The paint on the lugnuts keeps them from using spares they got out of their hauler.

Whadda ya think?

F-that, if they aren't that bad, they will get beat up and have a chance to get back out on the track. If they are pricks, they get totally crushed. Screw em.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Yeah, it's best to leave well enough alone.  CRUSH EM.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

JUST DON'T BE A DICK ON THE TRACK AND YOUR DICK WON'T GET SMASHED!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

The Curse is one of the things that makes Lemons so much fun! Doesn't everyone's inner 9-year-old like watching a car get destroyed?

I will say that watching a car get ripped to shreds by an excavator is quite a fun spetacle to watch.  (as long as it is not ours)  The curse is what makes Lemons, well, Lemons.  It is in the back of every teams head the whole time they are building the car.  It is the dark horse that could come calling if you are a complete dick on Sat.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

MurileeMartin wrote:

The Curse is one of the things that makes Lemons so much fun! Doesn't everyone's inner 9-year-old like watching a car get destroyed?

Forget the inner 9-year-old, my outer thirty-something LOVES watching a car get destroyed.

JoeGekko wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Forget the inner 9-year-old, my outer thirty-something LOVES watching a car get destroyed.

I'm with Joe.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

The curse is priceless!  It is one of the highlights of the weekend.  Whenever my 2 year old is bored I put on the video of the latest curse and she laughs the whole time!

People's curse forever!

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

Its even Funner when you got the power to do the Peoples Curse!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

cpmskinny wrote:

I will say that watching a car get ripped to shreds by an excavator is quite a fun spetacle to watch.

I agree, but I wish the 'guy' would impose more destruction.  The uber-cheating Mustang at CMP was able to be hauled away on a roll back with it's uber cheatuing engine still intact.  One direct blow straight down, smashing those metal teeth, with all that hydraulic power, could have fixed that engine for good.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Oh, that Mustang was ripped to shreds.  It was basically unidentifiable, and the backhoe operator went at least five minutes over the limit set by Jay.  Don't get me wrong, we all rejoiced.  I guess he could have popped the motor, too, but jeez "that there was some good destruction!"

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I think the curse is fine as-is.  If it keeps certain people from entering, we're better off without those people.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

VKZ24 wrote:
cpmskinny wrote:

I will say that watching a car get ripped to shreds by an excavator is quite a fun spetacle to watch.

I agree, but I wish the 'guy' would impose more destruction.  The uber-cheating Mustang at CMP was able to be hauled away on a roll back with it's uber cheatuing engine still intact.  One direct blow straight down, smashing those metal teeth, with all that hydraulic power, could have fixed that engine for good.

I was there for this one.  If they were able to still use the motor out of that car which is highly unlikely, that was the only thing.  That excavator operator did one hell of a job if you ask me.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

dculberson wrote:

I think the curse is fine as-is.  If it keeps certain people from entering, we're better off without those people.

Agreed

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

dculberson wrote:

+1 !!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I think that we should destroy a car at tech for the most cheating !!

INstead of  Fire drill excavator drill!!!

Let the curse car run the whole race and then crush it as part of the awards ceremony.