Topic: Lemons first timer

I'm now the pround owner of a crappy 98 Sentra. I bought it fresh from a local figure 8 race. It made it through without being hit so I figure it must be charmed. Perhaps just lucky enough to finish the Lamest Day.

I need one more driver a theme for the car and team and a bunch of safety equipment. Well I suppose that I also need to actually be accepted into the race. I can,t wait to start wrenching on the car.

Re: Lemons first timer

My Sentra has a crack the runs along the drivers A Pillar, will this pass tech?

3 (edited by FreeRange 2009-06-08 09:43 AM)

Crack in the cage?  Or a crack in the actual A-pillar? Or a crack in the windshield?

Cage, problem

A-pillar, who cares

Windshield, can you see?

Pix are best as far as the a-pillar crack goes....

One word of warning--we've seen a handful of cars from dirt track/mini oval/figure 8 kinds of racing, and they tend to have issues with their cages. To be safe, it's not a bad idea to send us a bunch of pix of the cage to address any potential problems ahead of time.

Sorry beer clouded my typing the crack is in the windshield.

The car does not have a full cage fortuneately so I will not have to repair too much. I should be able to cut the door bars and save the main hoop and back down bars. I will be contacting the cage builder that did the work to get details about the material he used. It is 1.5" but I do not know what the wall thickness is or if it is ERW or DOM. Can that be determined looking at the outside of the tubeing? I think I will send some pix of the main hoop just in case.. The welds look good and it was done as a bolt in so i can scrap it easily, and if I keep it welding the halo bar will be way easier. If I send some pix to what address should I send them?

Where you at?

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

7 (edited by FreeRange 2009-06-09 09:29 PM)

souseless wrote:

Lamest Day.

Too far for you Overzet smile

We are in the buffalo ny area

yea that would be a trip !!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

souseless wrote:

Sorry beer clouded my typing the crack is in the windshield.

The car does not have a full cage fortuneately so I will not have to repair too much. I should be able to cut the door bars and save the main hoop and back down bars. I will be contacting the cage builder that did the work to get details about the material he used. It is 1.5" but I do not know what the wall thickness is or if it is ERW or DOM. Can that be determined looking at the outside of the tubeing? I think I will send some pix of the main hoop just in case.. The welds look good and it was done as a bolt in so i can scrap it easily, and if I keep it welding the halo bar will be way easier. If I send some pix to what address should I send them?

The typical way to check wall diameter of tubing is to drill an inspection hole...do (or have an expert do) that, and send us pix in the meantime.