Re: Guaranteed to start a crapstorm.

i like the curse the way it is.

i make a consious effort to make friends when I go to the races.  It lets me meet people, and it also allows me to lobby for votes. It is a good way of forcing myself to be social when I would normally keep to myself and worry about prepping our car. 

It really has allowed me to meet some really nice people.

It's a Miata, get him........

or maybe have there car be a parts car for other teams !!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

I haven't actually participated yet, but I remember that, when I first started reading about Lemons, some of the Cursed were manually beaten, like with sledge hammers. One was even able to continue racing after being rolled. (Actually, pretty good publicity in an article in one of the big car magazines.) So, is that pretty much a thing of the past? Is total FUBAR annihilation now standard? Or have the most recent Cursed just been überpricks who deserved the ultimate punishment?

To me, it seems like the former example serves as a 'badge of disgrace' (appropriate punishment for blatant ass-hat-ery), while the latter is more fitting for the biggest jerks or flagrant cheaters. That said, the thought of crushing a not-insubstantial* investment in safety equipment is not appealing. Of course, the moral of the story is "Don't be a dick"!

*I've seen posts quoting a range from $600 for DIY roll cages to a few thousand for the strongly recommended, professionally installed, welded DOM cages. A cage can't be pulled out on 30 minutes notice. As a non-welder on a tight budget, the idea of squishing that investment makes me cringe.

AS long as you don't drive like an A-Hole you have nothing to   worry about. You could go to rver Pit and vote for other or drop beer off and say don't vote for me !!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

RoadRunner wrote:

I haven't actually participated yet, but I remember that, when I first started reading about Lemons, some of the Cursed were manually beaten, like with sledge hammers. One was even able to continue racing after being rolled. (Actually, pretty good publicity in an article in one of the big car magazines.) So, is that pretty much a thing of the past? Is total FUBAR annihilation now standard? Or have the most recent Cursed just been überpricks who deserved the ultimate punishment?

To me, it seems like the former example serves as a 'badge of disgrace' (appropriate punishment for blatant ass-hat-ery), while the latter is more fitting for the biggest jerks or flagrant cheaters. That said, the thought of crushing a not-insubstantial* investment in safety equipment is not appealing. Of course, the moral of the story is "Don't be a dick"!

*I've seen posts quoting a range from $600 for DIY roll cages to a few thousand for the strongly recommended, professionally installed, welded DOM cages. A cage can't be pulled out on 30 minutes notice. As a non-welder on a tight budget, the idea of squishing that investment makes me cringe.

I would have to disagree with you about not being able to pull the cage out in 30 minutes. 
1. Find a sawzall
2. Cut the roof completely off
3. Cut cage loose from body
4. Remove cage vertically out in one piece

With 2 people using sawzalls, you could very well do so in my opinion.  You have to have a contingency plan if that does happen.  I don't think you should be able to remove any of the mechanical parts of the car, but if it is for safety, you should be able to remove whatever you want before it heads to the crusher.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

If I ever got the curse I would try to cut my cage out its connected to my seat and harness!

Touche. I hadn't thought about guerrilla cage removal.

Note to self: Pack a sawzall or two!

cpmskinny wrote:

I would have to disagree with you about not being able to pull the cage out in 30 minutes. 
1. Find a sawzall
2. Cut the roof completely off
3. Cut cage loose from body
4. Remove cage vertically out in one piece

With 2 people using sawzalls, you could very well do so in my opinion.  You have to have a contingency plan if that does happen.  I don't think you should be able to remove any of the mechanical parts of the car, but if it is for safety, you should be able to remove whatever you want before it heads to the crusher.

cpmskinny and the rest of us Lab Rats have been rehearsing for just such an emergency, so I agree with the 30 minute target!  If you'd like to practice your skills, just dissemble your bosses car at work and reassemble it in the board room.  If you fail, at least you'll get practice at resume writing.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

RogueLeader wrote:

No no no no no

and NO

Taking out the Curse is taking out the essence of what makes Lemons the overall spectacle it is.  don't rip out its liver....

Looking at the bribe table, the liver should be black marble by now.

THE PEOPLE'S CURSE WILL NEVER GO AWAY !!  FACT !!