Re: The Cavalier is dead- rolled again!

Today the driver of the #44 Maxima visited Tyler in the hospital and by all accounts the meeting went well. If Tyler is holding no grudges, no one else should either, let the healing process begin to a full recovery. Godspeed Tyler....

Good to hear that. Tyler is home and feeling better- it's great to be out of the hospital, and even with a 'hangman's fracture' it should just be a matter of time.

Maybe time to let this thread die on its own...

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

Guess I'll throw in a last comment....hope the Men In Black don't go with a window net rule....they're great for keeping in your left arm and even better at trapping the driver....I've been in Tyler's situation (upside down, fire, but no broken bones fortunately) and found it hard to find the release for the net being disoriented and distracted by the fire....I scrambled out the passenger side, which was into traffic, not good. Speedy recovery Tyler!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

I am for nets, a guy got killed at Sears Point about 8-10 years ago in a sedan without net during what was an otherwise low drama wreck.

Hanger on!??!

Duffro wrote:

I am for nets, a guy got killed at Sears Point about 8-10 years ago in a sedan without net during what was an otherwise low drama wreck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive after the investigation it was determined that a window net would not have made any difference in that fatality, it was ultimately door trim metal that caused the mortal wound to the driver.  As it has been said before "descuzzify" the driver compartment, something that looks so insignificant can indeed injure you, even fatally in a crash.

ifb_mole wrote:
Duffro wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive after the investigation it was determined that a window net would not have made any difference in that fatality, it was ultimately door trim metal that caused the mortal wound to the driver.  As it has been said before "descuzzify" the driver compartment, something that looks so insignificant can indeed injure you, even fatally in a crash.

Truth, I was there.  a window  net would've done nothing in that particular instance.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

jimeditorial wrote:

Guess I'll throw in a last comment....hope the Men In Black don't go with a window net rule....they're great for keeping in your left arm and even better at trapping the driver....I've been in Tyler's situation (upside down, fire, but no broken bones fortunately) and found it hard to find the release for the net being disoriented and distracted by the fire....I scrambled out the passenger side, which was into traffic, not good. Speedy recovery Tyler!

I'm personally of the opinion that you'll burn to death much quicker with a net.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Any updates on Tyler? Hope he is doing well and on his way to a speedy recovery.

Lemons 300ZX wrote:

Any updates on Tyler? Hope he is doing well and on his way to a speedy recovery.

He was released from the hospital last week.  He'll be in a neck brace for three months.

110 (edited by ifb_mole 2010-03-17 02:06 PM)

Let's not forget that Tyler owns a "one-man" motorcycle service shop and he will be without income for 3 months.  Insurance covered the medical expenses, but his income will be $0 for 3 months, if we all pitch in just $100 or $50 each perhaps we can all help him financially through his difficult recovery time.  My check is going out next week, here's where you can send any financial help

Tyler Carson
c/o Hayasa Motorbikes
430 E 10th St
Oakland, CA 94606

111 (edited by X-args 2010-03-17 02:42 PM)

The FOH (Friends of Hayasa) are doing their bit to make the shop go on.
For the next few months the (almost) daily wrench twiddler will be me, but there has been a great response and support from people.

I know Tyler appreciates the help, and he's appreciative but a little embarrassed by all the attention- so thanks again to everyone!

2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

X-args wrote:

The FOH (Friends of Hayasa) are doing their bit to make the shop go on.
For the next few months the (almost) daily wrench twiddler will be me, but there has been a great response and support from people.

I know Tyler appreciates the help, and he's appreciative but a little embarrassed by all the attention- so thanks again to everyone!

How about an update, how is Tyler doing now, is he recoverred? Any lingering problems??

Doing fine, the shop's a zoo, he won't be riding dirt bikes for a few more months yet.
Pretty much a full recovery- still a little range of motion to work on, but everything works.

2/25/24

That's great news!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

great to hear.