Topic: Team Police Brutality is raising the IOE contender bar yet again...

We have acquired two more IOE contenders that will see Lemons duty soon. One is a 1963 Thunderbird with a healthy case of rust, no working brakes, and a running 390. The brakes have a hole in the line, so the pedal goes right to the floor, and the radiator not only leaks, it's out of the car. Still, for $300, I wasn't about to pass it up, even if it was 2+ hours away. Guy was real nice, also sold me a rebuilt C6 with a shift kit, yoke, and the stock converter for $50, two spare alternators that work for $10 each, and a Mustang 390 4bbl intake (cast iron, weighs probably 110 pounds) for $15. He was leaving for a trip to Ohio, and wanted this stuff gone, so that his '35 Plymouth could go back in the garage.

The story behind the car is EXTREMELY cool. 93 year old woman bought it new, died at the age of 104, and left it to her daughter. Daughter stored it in a shed, where it sat for  ALMOST 28 YEARS! At some point, the shed collapsed on it. The guy I bought it from had purchased it sight unseen for $900, and had to dig it out. He put a timing chain in it, and got it running. It has lots of rust underneath, and though he spent a lot of time filling the rear quarters with gallons of Bondo, it just isn't an ideal restoration candidate. We're thinking convertibleized, no theme, just classy car in a pretty dark red. The interior is too friggin cool on this thing. I was told the rear seat has never been sat in!

The '77 Lancia Scorpion I just bought last night. It's 1 of only 405 1977 models made, and there seems to be VERY few left in existence. It needs plenty of work (floors, oil and coolant leaks, tires are shot, etc), but it actually runs and drives, and has a clear title! He was asking $1250, but took my meager $600 offer just to be rid of it. After my test drive in the rain yesterday, I realized they are just as awesomely terrible as I'd read! The only thing keeping my feet off the bround when I drive it is the carpet, so yeah, it has the regular Scorpion rust issues. It will get the full Giselle treatment for Lemons, as in Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo.

So, that makes our team car count a grand total of six cars, not counting the 3 donor cars. The Lincoln will someday win overall. In the meantime, the '61 Caddy will get a very unorthodox drivetrain next weekend for Gingerman. The '42 Buick and the '57 Prefect are on the back burner at the moment as the two most involved builds, and the Lancia and the T-bird will likely be run this year. Spank has raised the bar with two IOE's, and Eyesore has 3 overall wins and two OC's, so we had to up our game. We plan to start running a new IOE car every race, once we finally get our distance win. In the meantime, we have a fleet of cool cars to build. If you are a team player with a good attitude, willing to assist in the builds, a competent driver, and financially able to carry your own weight (we split all costs equally), and you think you might like to join our team for one or more races, send me an email: speedycop@comcast.net

Here's a few preliminary pics:
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/tbirdfl.jpg
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/tbirdrr.jpg
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/tbirdint.jpg

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/lanciarf.jpg
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/lancilr.jpg
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/lanciarear.jpg
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/lanciaint.jpg
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/lanciaeng.jpg

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Re: Team Police Brutality is raising the IOE contender bar yet again...

congrats on the new additions.

Do you happen to own a junkyard to store all these cars?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Thanks.

No junkyard, but I do have 5 acres. I got rid of two in the last two days (my '92 EB Bronco, and a '96 Accord), so the net gain is zero anyway. smile

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

The Lancia made me smile.  Awesome!

Need any advice for the Scoprion, let me know.  I'm pretty familiar with them, unfortunately.

http://monkeycage.net/

"Chief Idiot" - Italian Stallions Rotary X1/9
Class Win (Bad) / IOE Win (Guzzi Fiat 600) / We Got Screwed / GRM Most from Least

speedy you are a MADMAN.....so I gotta ask...how many Lemons "projects" does this make now?  4-5?

You still got the killer caddy, the 40's car & the brutality MKIII right?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Six cars:
'94 Mark VIII distance car
'61 Fleetwood
'42 Buick (General Patton Car)
'57 Prefect (Don't Panic car)
'77 Scorpion "Giselle"
'63 Thunderbird

cmice wrote:

Need any advice for the Scoprion, let me know.  I'm pretty familiar with them, unfortunately.

http://monkeycage.net/

Was that your car? That thing looks AMAZING!!!

I have been lobbying hard for a Scorpion since I first encountered Lemons, so this makes me very, very happy.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I have been lobbying hard for a Scorpion since I first encountered Lemons, so this makes me very, very happy.

Ditto. I can almost feel a Renault Fuego Turbo around the corner

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

You really wanna make that Scorp and IOE contender then I beg of you to take on the project I never quite got to when I had mine.

Scorpion with an Alfa 164 V6 drive train wedged in it.  Please!

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Speedycop wrote:

I was told the rear seat has never been sat in!

Then you KNOW what must be done.  Just don't get any love stains on the upholstery, too classy for that... big_smile

Tbird is beggin' for a Thelma and Louise theme.

Drat! And Double Drat!

14 (edited by Spank 2010-03-13 11:43 PM)

Judge Jonny wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

http://bend.craigslist.org/cto/1613637008.html

84 renaulnt fuego! moving need it gone!! runs. body is decent. title in hand! $500 obo! call matt@ (541)280-3738

Not turbo, though

But I like this one better:
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/1637751635.html

Renault Dolphine - $300 (Newsome, Texas)

Just an old rust-bucket. Don't know the year, no title, parts only. All glass good,has motor&trans. Car is complete. What will you give and come haul it off? $300 O.B.O. 903-365-2274 Leave Message
http://images.craigslist.org/3k63pa3l45T05Pf5R6a3af5c5247ee3b1184f.jpg

The Italian Stallions can probably help with engine advice, so let me know if you need their contact info.

Also, an alternative to the Giselle theme (we love Group B):

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/modmo23/lancia037acropolis19835to4wf.jpg

Judge Jonny wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

I know that. I've been looking for one, but apparently there are none for sale on Craigslist in the US right now. If it's gonna be LeMony, it will be on CL...

JThw8 wrote:

You really wanna make that Scorp and IOE contender then I beg of you to take on the project I never quite got to when I had mine.

Maybe after the first race, I can combine your idea with Phil's Group B idea, depending on my residual value, and the ability to procure said V6. Got any links to such creations?

Speedycop wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

Maybe after the first race, I can combine your idea with Phil's Group B idea, depending on my residual value, and the ability to procure said V6. Got any links to such creations?

no links, not entirely sure its been done before, but it should be doable.  As I recall the measurements worked out (worked out for stuffing it in a Yugo too)

Donor 164s can be found cheap.  Especially when the windshield breaks, they are unobtanium....as I found out with my donor (that was supposed to get fixed up as a DD)

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Biuld a more Group B car!
Our Audi rocks Group B.

So, none of you racers want to join us for a race here and there? Those of you who know us know we're a fun bunch of guys. You could cheat on your current team with us for races they aren't doing. What happens in Lemons...

...Well, okay, what happens in Lemons gets plastered all over the world wide web, so your mug may be posted on Jalopnik and related sites next to our cars, and your teammates may be like WTF DUDE?!?, but it will still be worth it... wink

21 (edited by doctawife 2010-03-16 08:25 AM)

Speedycop wrote:

So, none of you racers want to join us for a race here and there? Those of you who know us know we're a fun bunch of guys. You could cheat on your current team with us for races they aren't doing. What happens in Lemons...

...Well, okay, what happens in Lemons gets plastered all over the world wide web, so your mug may be posted on Jalopnik and related sites next to our cars, and your teammates may be like WTF DUDE?!?, but it will still be worth it... wink

If you weren't TOTALLY ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE COUNTRY I'd love to help.  Since I have about zero schedule flexibility and no extra vacation time, you will have to suffer along without me.

Otherwise I wish I could help.  The husband had a huge fascination with (to me) strange Italian cars at the beginning of our relationship; he walked by a Lancia and nearly drooled.  I'd like to see what he's so nutso about.  But alas, no go.

And I'm a sucky driver to boot.

Pbbt!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

We do have the west coast team gearing up for August at THill. If we had enough drivers for May, we'd be racing that, but as it is now, I have to free up our spot for another team.

Speedycop wrote:

We do have the west coast team gearing up for August at THill. If we had enough drivers for May, we'd be racing that, but as it is now, I have to free up our spot for another team.

Yeah, another way-to-damned-far away chump here. Give me a heads up on the bird, I might fly and drive to make that one...

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

You got it.

me, too. i would jump all over that bird in a second, but the drive to maryland woud take as long as the build would.

ahhwell.................