Topic: Wall Street Journal Article

Looks like Jay conned his way into the Wall Street Journal - Thursday (6/18) edition on the back page of the Personal section. 

Just think one page over are cars for sale that cost  the same for an entire season of Lemons cars.....

Nice job Jay.

Re: Wall Street Journal Article

I didn't even know that WSJ had a Personal's section.  Is it for mid-level executives seeking junior investment bankers for lunch meetings and possible mergers?

Jay seems to have a knack for tricking people into taking him seriously.  Well done, good sir!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

After the GMA story, it was bound to happen.  Is says:

"WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU Lemons, RACE THEM"

"With 24 Hours of LeMans come and gone, endurance-racing enthusiasts have shifted their focus to its goofy counterpart: 24 Hours of Lemons. The latest event, one in a series on Lemons races held across the country, will take place July 11-12 at Stafford Motor Speedway in Connecticut.  Cars must be purchased, fixed up and track-prepped for a total of $500 or less (ergo the name "Lemons") for the 24-hour race.  Entrants who go over the spending limit, however, are known to routinely bribe the over the top wig-clad judges at inspection with cheap beer, jerkey and-at the last race in New Orleans-beads." 

There's a photo of an old alpha crapbox or something above it.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/06/WSJ_Lemons_Story.jpg

MMMM, jerkEy

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

6 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-06-18 03:51 PM)

Don't believe the WSJ about the cheap beer part:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/04/BadBeerPunishment-804px.jpg

This whole thing is a hoax. Starting with Lyle reading the Wall Street Journal. And ending with that horrible car. AND horrible driver.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

This whole thing is a hoax. Starting with Lyle reading the Wall Street Journal. And ending with that horrible car. AND horrible driver.

NIck,  you have the wrong Saab team..  Lyle is Saabs Gone Wild.   Hoax and Lemons, YEP spot on.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

This whole thing is a hoax. Starting with Lyle reading the Wall Street Journal.

LOL!

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

That reminds me, ESPN The Magazine(the most redundant title since Street Fighter The Movie The Video Game)  ran a similarly titled article back in April.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/ne … id=4066929

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

teamsaabstory wrote:
Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

NIck,  you have the wrong Saab team..  Lyle is Saabs Gone Wild.   Hoax and Lemons, YEP spot on.

My bad...I associate everything Saab with Lyle these days. I'm sure I'd have a panic reaction if I saw a Saab 900 on the street--luckily that never happens.

I saw a SAAB 900 on my trailer going to the wrecker from a foreclosed home !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

13 (edited by Pendejo 2009-06-19 09:49 PM)

Now that Lemons made the Wall Street Journal and getting that kind of press what are the chances of jay taking it public and vanishing to the islands with the twelve dollars it would raise. Let us pray he does not leave us to fend off a take over by IRL. wink

Over what top?

Show me the top!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Rockford Brodie wrote:

That reminds me, ESPN The Magazine(the most redundant title since Street Fighter The Movie The Video Game)  ran a similarly titled article back in April.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/ne … id=4066929

That's me and team Cougar Bait in that picture. smile

Team Cougar Bait