Topic: 12 Hours of Sebrings?

A few months back, Judge Martin posted an article on Jalopnik throwing out the idea of another Lemons type race called the 12 Hours of Sebrings

Is there really something in the works for this idea or is it just a pipe dream?  Would it be the day before the Lemons race at the same track or would it be the same day as Lemons at a different track?

I told my wife about this and she said "Why would anyone want to race a Sebring?  They're junk."  My response?  "I know, isn't it great?!"

I , for one, am in.  When do we start?

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

Re: 12 Hours of Sebrings?

CaptainRat wrote:

A few months back, Judge Martin posted an article on Jalopnik throwing out the idea of another Lemons type race called the 12 Hours of Sebrings

I , for one, am in.  When do we start?

I know, right? I've been giving used Sebrings the hairy eyeball since that article was posted, and dreams of a two-"series" "racecar" have been dancing in my head...

The class should be open to any car named for an endurance race track, including Pontiac LeMans-es and Dodge Daytonas. We wouldn't want to deplete the fleet car world of all their beautiful Sebring iron all at once. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

The class should be open to any car named for an endurance race track, including Pontiac LeMans-es and Dodge Daytonas. We wouldn't want to deplete the fleet car world of all their beautiful Sebring iron all at once. smile

i'd say a ferrari daytona would fit the bill then, but i doubt anyone with one would want to bring it

This is a totally great idea. Nothing in the works, but we'll see for 2010!

so this would be like a spec Lemons series?

Team Formula BMW
#23 Pink Pig

Sebrings?  Come on, finding one that would run that long probably wouldn't happen.  Good to hear my team captain is in, wonder who is going to be on his team for this one?

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

cpmskinny wrote:

Good to hear my team captain is in, wonder who is going to be on his team for this one?

You are.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

Mulry wrote:

Don't forget the Chevy Monza and Pontiac Bonneville.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

With cars named for such illustrious raceways, it simply defies convention that 2/3 of the Big 3 are or recently have been in bankruptcy.

Is there possibly a raceway named the Aztek? We would be doing the entire human race a favor if we could race and destroy that fleet.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Hell, I wish I could still rent a new Sebring with full coverage...ask Jay for some leeway on a drop in - bolt in cage for express installation, then race it!!  Think they'd go for that?

We are the people your parents warned you about.

Oh, Jay would 100% go for it. The rental car company... well, that's why you get the extra insurance!

Though keep in mind that rental-car insurance doesn't count on the race track, which is why we didn't take our rental Nitro down the dragstrip at No Problem.

14 (edited by Buzz Killington 2009-07-07 01:56 PM)

um, that damage happened on the freeway, not on a racetrack...honestly, who in their right mind would race a damn rental Sebring?  are you suggesting i'm the sort of idiot who would try something that ridiculous?  never mind...let me talk to your manager.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

I've never hooned out a rented Corvette in Las Vegas. Never. And I'm sure nobody else has either.

bwahahahaha.  I don't know what happened!  I came out of the restaurant and there were these dents on both sides of the car.  honest!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)